Range increase from SF M3 to M3T?

jonman007

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Just wondering how much extra throw is gained by putting a kt4 turbo head on an M3? Using the LOLA, will the difference between M3 and M3T be dramatic?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Sorry, but what I have is the SureFire M3 and the SF.M6. That said, it's not really a "fair" comparison. . .But, YES INDEED the SureFire M6 does out throw the SF.M3. I like them both as they came from the factory. Enjoy!

AlanH

Enlightened
I have both after a long wait.

The T version with the LOLA outthrows the M3 standard with the HOLA quite dramatically to me. So much so, that I will run the M3T with it's LOLA and a lot more runtime for the job I bought it for. I will probably sell the standard M3.

A lot of light from a small package.

Alan

Flashdark

Enlightened
jonman007,

50% increase in range LOLA/Std head vs LOLA/Turbohead. Narrower beam on the Turbohead due to increased focus. 125 yard range maximum for the std. head and 175 yard range for the Turbohead using the HOLA bulbs (this is all I ever use). Cut these distances in half if you are using the light on a rifle and you close one eye when you shoot (now half the light entering your single eye). I have found that the turbohead is a bit large/awkward to carry and I only carry the regular head with the HOLA bulb.

Hope this helps.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have the M3 or 3t, but I do have a 9P that now has a turbohoead on it. The difference from the regular bezel to the turbohead was massive. Especially in places with some ambient light. I assume the M3 versus the M3T to be the same or at least very similar.