How do you change bulb on Princeton Tec 40?

G-force

Newly Enlightened
How do you change the bulb on Princeton Tec 40? Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't figure it out. I don't want to break anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

lexina

Enlightened
G-force said:
How do you change the bulb on Princeton Tec 40? Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't figure it out. I don't want to break anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1. unscrew the bezel anti-clockwise and remove the bulb assembly inside

2. the bulb assembly is made up of 2 inter-locking parts - the black bottom holder and the silver reflector. The reflector is held onto the holder by 2 nipples.
Press the reflector just above the nipples and simultaneously pull the holder down. Do the same for the other side and the 2 parts will separate.

G-force

Newly Enlightened
Thanks lexina! You just saved my back door light from replacement (for now :) ). I'll be running cheap stock mag-lite bulbs in it. I'm even going out on the edge and trying a 3 cell mag bulb in it first. It didn't :poof: and so far it's super bright.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always sing the praises for the Tec 40. It may look boring, but is a real workhorse.

For cheap bulbs, the Rayovac KPR 113 ($1.50 for 2) give great life, decent brightness and an excellent beam.

I can often find the 4 cell Maglite Xenon Stars at Home Depot for $2.50, which is a good price. They are very bright and the beam is extra-nice.

Bob