SureFire M3-CB Holster

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

I just got an M3-CB last night. Great light, but carrying it with those teeth is kind of annoying. I am thinking of getting the V71 holster for bezel-down carry.

Anyone use one of those? Does it hold the light securely and operate quietly? How do you like it?

Scott

Steve B

Newly Enlightened
Another option for the M3 is the Ripoffs CO 112 nylon holster. That is what I carry both my M3's in. Works great

trailblazer

Newly Enlightened
I did not like the V71 at all, I bought a GALCO flashlight carrier from impactguns.com which I do like. It IS NOT a holster though, it just clamps around the light via a leather snap loop it is simple and works well for me anyway.
good luck!

testmonket

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to know more about the V71 as well. I'd be using it for a C3 though.

How does it attach to the belt? Is there any kind of clip/quick release or does it have to be threaded?

lightemup

Flashaholic*
In my experience with the first version of the M3's crenelated bezel, the V71 is not a very good option. I had to use brute force to get my M3 to fit in the holster, it damaged the HA, and after repeated draws in trying to 'loosen' the holster the retention spring broke.

I contacted Surefire who promptly sent me a replacement (GREAT customer service!), but the same problem remained with the new holster. The reply I received after that from the help email on Surefire's website was "the V71 was designed for the M3 and it should fit it." I still don't have a working holster for my M3.

When a strong male has to put both hands on the light in the holster and YANK it out, the holster in my case was not practical. This is my experience only, and maybe mine is a one off. I've got a blackhawk soft holster for my M6 that is fine, although not anywhere near as quickly accessible. One of these days i'll get around to trying a bladetech holster. I'm not game enough to put my ceramic coated Gladius in my V70, although my G2z and the V70 holster is a perfect combination!

I hope this helps...

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
I had a V70 holster, hated it ! It grates on the finish of the light, due to the metal retention spring, makes a ping noise when you draw the light quickly, and just seems to hold the light at an uncomfortable angle away from the body.

I have an M3-CB with a SW02 tailcap, and I find that the Surefire holster for the 9AN fits well (I think the holster is a V40, plain webbing with velcro flap).