Surefire M3 TurboHead Question

OverLord1

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to the forums and must say I am learning a lot! Here is my question: I have a standard M3 (non-TurboHead) and a buddy of mine has a spare TurboHead for his M6 that he is offering to sell me. Since he lives in another state I would hate to have him send it to me if it won't work on my light. Will the TurboHead for the M6 work on the M3? Assuming that it does, would I use the same bulb that I am now (MN16). Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Ed

Topper

Flashaholic*
Hi Ed, The Turbo head will work it is the same.
MN 15 and MN16 are the correct lamps for the M3T
your M3 should use a MN10 and MN11
welcome to CPF.
Topper

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
Yes, the Turbohead from an M6 will fit, but you will need the correct lamp.

you say that you're currently using the MN16 lamp?? That's the one for the M3 turbohead, not the M3 standard (MN10/ MN11).

If you use the Turbohead on your M3, it will become the same as the M3T, and will use the longer stemmed MN15/ MN16 lamp assemblies. The standard ones (MN10/MN11 are too short to correctly focus in the turbohead.

OverLord1

Newly Enlightened
RAF_Groundcrew said:
Yes, the Turbohead from an M6 will fit, but you will need the correct lamp.

you say that you're currently using the MN16 lamp?? That's the one for the M3 turbohead, not the M3 standard (MN10/ MN11).

If you use the Turbohead on your M3, it will become the same as the M3T, and will use the longer stemmed MN15/ MN16 lamp assemblies. The standard ones (MN10/MN11 are too short to correctly focus in the turbohead.

Thanks for the responses! I double checked and you are right, the bulb in my light is the MN11 and NOT the MN16 as I incorrectly stated. I will go ahead and get the Turbo Head and from what I've read here it should make a noticeable difference :)

Ed

AlanH

Enlightened
bwaites said:
And if you decide you don't like it, I'll be first on the list to buy it!!

Bill

I may have one for you (Non Combat Bezel Version !). Am waiting for it to arrive, bought it for my L6 Porcupine after Lunarmodules idea, then sold the PK ! (Duh)

When it arrives and if I have no use for it, I'll let you know.

Alan

Last edited:

AlanH

Enlightened
my name is fake said:
Alan

If he doesnt want your M3T-CB ( you bought the CB version isnt it?)

Pls let me know.

Although I have recently bought an M3T, an M3 and an M4. I was referring to a non Combat Bezel Turbo Head on it's own that I bought to mod/play with my L6 Porcupine with.

I'll PM you both, when and it arrives and if I decide to sell it. Will leave that there to avoid a hijack of this thread.

Apologies to : OverLord1

Regards

Alan