which bulbs are brighter

livingaboard

Banned
So can I assume I am correct when I list the following bulbs in order of brightness from less bright to brightest. This of course is comparing a bulb for bulb as in if a halogen bulb fit flashlight a and you replaced that with a xenon it would be brighter?

standard PR bulb
Halogen bulb
Xenon bulb

mdocod

Flashaholic
I was under the impression that high pressure xenon lamps used quarts to handle the pressure and heat.

I think it can generally be assumed that the order you have listed improves the efficiancy slightly from one to the next.... High-pressure xenon would be even a little better than the "regular" xenon....

litho123

Enlightened
As a general rule...
Argon
Krypton
Xenon

Halogen is a gas mixed with Krypton or Xenon gas. The halogen is added to a bulb to keep the tungsten deposits off the inside of the lamp and redeposit them back onto the filament. This is called the Halogen cycle...

Welch Allyn (www walamps.com) has an assortment of lamps with Halogen/Krypton mix. Most of the "Hotwire" lights like the M@g85 or M@g74 or M@g11 use WA lamps in them.

livingaboard

Banned
mdocod said:
I was under the impression that high pressure xenon lamps used quarts to handle the pressure and heat.

I think it can generally be assumed that the order you have listed improves the efficiancy slightly from one to the next.... High-pressure xenon would be even a little better than the "regular" xenon....

I didn't even know they had high-pressure Xenon and regular Xenon.