M*g "C" in colors

redbird

Enlightened
I have been searching the web and have been unable to find a nice selection of M*g using "C" cells.

Does anyone know of a good, reliable source. I am mainly looking for 2,3 & 4 cell configuration.

LeDfLaShEr

Newly Enlightened
Agree with what Farmall says,
Home depot is the only reliable source I've found, They generally have purple and pewter in stock in C size....other colors for D size.

redbird

Enlightened
I have checked out local HD and Lowes. I will try again though just in case they had sold out over Christmas and have restocked.

Just got back from checking HD & Lowes again...Here in my area only black 2C....

Last edited:

stogiez

Newly Enlightened
Target stores in my area, (DFW, TX) always has a big selection of colors to choose from. Give 'em a try.

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
Do you have ACE hardware in your area?

Granted, they vary as they're franchised, but the ones by me here in SE WI have a large M@g selection of almost all the sizes in both C & D cells from 2 to 6 cell models, and usualy in about 5 colors...

redbird

Enlightened
I was at Target tonight and the had no "C"s at all but they did have a blue 2-D. We do not have a ACE hdwr in our area. I may give WalMart a try...

nzgunnie

Enlightened
Does anyone know any online retailers that sell c mags to international customers? Any maglite is too expensive in NZ, it is cheaper to buy them overseas and pay postage than it is to buy them here, also C cell lights are almost impossible to find. I'd like to be able to get a 3 cell light, preferably in a nice colour.

wtraymond

Enlightened
The stock Mag C is only made in Black, Purple, and Pewter. Purple and Pewter are extremely difficult to find unless your in California.

AJ mentioned Ace Hardware and I have an Ace here in my area. They have 'D' cell Mags in lots of colors, but only have black 'C' cells. They do, however, have a variety of sizes in both 'C' and 'D.' I bought a 3C and a 4C at Ace but they are expensive.

I had success ordering all size Mags online at Ira Wood and Sons. There have great prices and free shipping for orders over $99. But, they only have black.

http://store.irawoodinc.com/frshin.html

I will be posting a Group Buy for HA3 service for Maglites only later tonight.

wtraymond

Enlightened
Why don't you post a WTB (Want To Buy) ad in the B/S/T forum for a purple 2C Maglite. If you're willing to pay a few extra bucks, someone may offer to buy one locally and ship it to you.

I've checked around Milwaukee and I've never seen any 'C' size Mags in any color other than black.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Most stores seems to have 2 or 3D mags in the typical colors, black, pewter, red and blue.

The only store I've found locally that has 2C's is Home Depot. I don't think Lowe's even had 2C's, but I didn't look really hard, I was just there to look for a spotlight. There's a few more stores I haven't checked.

I don't know why C's aren't very common, my 2C is so much more handy and lighter than my 2D. And puts out the same amount of light.

Last edited:

Niteowl

Enlightened
wtraymond said:
The stock Mag C is only made in Black, Purple, and Pewter. Purple and Pewter are extremely difficult to find unless your in California.

I will be posting a Group Buy for HA3 service for Maglites only later tonight.

I had no idea the pewter and purple were so hard to find. Someone asked for a purple so I looked at my local Home Depot and found several purple and pewter 2C's last Oct. They're out now but I ended up buying four pewters and two purples. Shipped one pewter off to a CPF'er, gave three 3x123's away, kept one of each. The pewter is very sharp looking.

redbird, If you'd like I'll check for a purple 2C in my area. Drop me a PM.

wtraymond, I'll be getting a 2.5C soon, might as well go overboard and get it HA'd! The lights you posted a while ago looked good.

Last edited:

Niteowl

Enlightened
I called the closest stores today and no colored 2C's. Then I went straight to the horse's mouth. Turns out pewter was discontinued "sometime ago", purple was discontinued sometime last year, but, they still have some in stock they are shipping to distributers. Guess I'll appreciate that pewter one I kept a little more.

I told the woman I talked to that I was hot for a red one and she said she had a red 3C at home she got several years ago. Wouldn't sell it......