Phantom Warrior and BeastBeam Flashlights

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Anyone know anything about the Phantom Warrior and BeastBeam Flashlights from Phantom Products, Inc.?

I have visited their website. Apparently the Phantom Warrior is specially designed for the military but the Beast Beam is designed for civilian use. Both supposedly are available with either high power or LED bulbs.

Anyone seen or used either one of these?

Thanks.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The link to the Phantom site is:
http://www.phantomlights.com/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
post a link please<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

D

**DONOTDELETE**

K Horn,

That is the site. Interesting light(s).

We apparently share interests because I also found that site while looking for a history of the military anglehead light. (Were you also looking for history of the anglehead? If so have you found anything?) (I would like to continue this via email if possible) I posted another message in this area inquiring about the history of that light but as of now have gotten no responses. I wrote to a couple of the manufacturers and they did not know much of the origin of the light.

And we have similar backgrounds (different service though).

The Phantom lights are interesting. I actually did some work involving flashlights and NVG once - related to field medical work. Phantom may have found at least a partial solution to some of the issues we faced.

Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by K Horn:
I just found this site too:
http://www.phantomlights.com/

I was trying to find the history of the military light when I hit this place.....

Interesting!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

D

**DONOTDELETE**

the "P-36" seal beam lamp looks interesting; http://www.phantomlights.com/vehicle.htm
12 volt, shock and vibration resistant, water proof, (is it 36?) LEDs, all in a cluster, with a clip for easy mounting anywhere...sort of like a bigger Versalux, in a watertight case, without the wide range of voltages, or the efficiency I'm guessing...would be nice though...

RadarGreg

Enlightened
I own two Phantom Warrior lights. One was specially modified by them for me on request. The normal one has an IR LED, one cobalt blue LED and a white LED. When you first turn on the switch, the blue LED comes on. This is used by medical personnel to check for damaged corneas and eye damage. As you turn the dimmer switch up higher, the white LED comes on, providing you with a useful light for map reading in color correct white light. Some map colors wash out in red or green filtered light. If you reverse the batteries, the IR LED is active and useful for conditions where a white LED would be hazardous to be seen (i.e. near enemy positions). The lights are well made, but the white LED output isn't very powerful. That's ok, because the lights are designed for military use where tactically you don't need that much light. There is little to no visible or IR light flare due to the design of the flashlight. This prevents enemies with night vision equipment from detecting you.

There are different variations of the Phantom Warrior flashlight available. One model is designed for pilots with ANVIS night vision goggles. The PW light is widely used throughout the military and can be ordered via National Stock Number through the supply system.

Victoria McDermott is the director of military sales and limits the sales to government and military organizations and personnel. Let me know if you are interested in more info than the site provides. I've got some of their sales brochures and flashlight operator's manual.

RadarGreg

Commander

Enlightened
Thanks a lot RadarGreg!

What's the price of this light?

When you type "little to no visible or IR light flare due to the design" what do you exactly mean?

Is it a special Led or filter that dose the trick?

Can you bring a beam shot (you can host it here: www.imageshack.us)?

Can it run on Lithium batteries?

I am very interested in this because I am a soldier my self.

Thomas

RadarGreg

Enlightened
The prices vary, but run about $50 to $70, depending on the options you choose. The LEDs are recessed about 1" from the front of the flashlight and your beamwidth is narrowed. The white LED lights produce little IR light and the Phantom is difficult to see with night vision goggles unless you shine it directly into the goggles. (A very bad thing in a tactical environment) The Phantom runs on four AA batteries, and lithium are ok to use in it. I've run mine for literally years without having to change out the batteries.

I can try to get you a beamshot. My photography skills are limited at best, so don't expect any award winning shots. :)

RadarGreg