Foxfury Scout
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TnC HA-Natural Lithium-Lux V's (LIMITED)

Default Re: TnC HA-Natural Lithium-Lux V's (LIMITED)

Ho my GOD! My dream light! MY DREAM LIGHT!!!!! Where Was I when this was available! WHERE WAS I!!!!!
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here.. This is the war room!!

Party Re: TnC HA-Natural Lithium-Lux V's (LIMITED)

I just spoke to Chris and sounded pretty enthused about the light. Said should be ready in 4-weeks.

Also confirmed that he didn't think going over 6-volts would be a good idea for the converter. So it's either a single 14500 or two CR2 primaries with the extra tube.

Thanks Chris

MOOL SENT for light with CR2 tube.

Flashaholic*

Diggdug13, I have to ask...

Somewhere back in my foggy memory banks, I seem to remember one of the
    first batch of Lithium Lux v's was given away in a raffle.

Do you recall such a raffle??
    |Nuwai|GLP's|Aleph 3|PR-T w/E2e|Costco HID's|ARC LSH-S| Mr Bulk|Lumaray FL12|PocketMateW|MagHID|Mag85|AWR Nano|Amilite|SFIII Mc38-V|TnC Lithium Lux V XYOS 03/10|Fenix Trio|SuperNova|Illuminator|PGL-III-A's| Gatlight SS V2|Nitrous McLuxIII PD|USL|AN/VSS-3a|FM Ni Plt'd C Mag|FM 3.5" Mag Head|

Any chance of a shorter clicky? The one that's available really does look great, honestly, but it looks kinda big. Maybe, I should just get the current one first and see. What do you think Digdug? I see you've got the clicky. Too big, or ok? Do you use it (the clicky)? Do you carry the light with the clicky?

raffle.... hmmmmmm raffle raffle raffle... lemme search the data base.....

YEP!!!!! I remember that raffle now. mighty fine raffle that was, I remember seeing my name many many times on the ticket list...

and I have a mini sun in my hands to prove it....lol (I'm a sucker for a Chris raffle)

** edit **
    Trashman. for this little light I prefer to use the twisty rather than the clicky however the switch shape leads itself to being very comfortable and easy to use when holding the light between the index and middle finger.
    ** end edit **

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by ddaadd
    Diggdug13, I have to ask...

Somewhere back in my foggy memory banks, I seem to remember one of the
    first batch of Lithium Lux v's was given away in a raffle.

Do you recall such a raffle??
    Last edited by diggdug13; 01-24-2006 at 01:42 AM.
    A light on a shelf collects dust, A light in your hand collects the darkness.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by diggdug13
    and I have a mini sun in my hands to prove it....lol

Dang, it was a little slow coming back to me but I remember
    how exciting that was! Pretty cool for Chris to do that back then, had a ticket myself..
    |Nuwai|GLP's|Aleph 3|PR-T w/E2e|Costco HID's|ARC LSH-S| Mr Bulk|Lumaray FL12|PocketMateW|MagHID|Mag85|AWR Nano|Amilite|SFIII Mc38-V|TnC Lithium Lux V XYOS 03/10|Fenix Trio|SuperNova|Illuminator|PGL-III-A's| Gatlight SS V2|Nitrous McLuxIII PD|USL|AN/VSS-3a|FM Ni Plt'd C Mag|FM 3.5" Mag Head|

Is one still listed on E-Bay? Would love a shot at one of
    these.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by PKT
    these.
    Double check the first post, I think the auction will be annouced in this thread, and will likely be after they are built?.another 3 weeks give or take?

I'll have to defer to Chris with TnC.....

Thanks DDAADD
    For the reply....I'll keep my eyes on this thread!
    Regards Phil

Quote Originally Posted by PKT
    these.
    Mine might actually go up for sale. I wasn't really aware which tint YO was. I was thinking it was in the yellow range (YellOw!), which would have been great, but now I see it's rather blue, or maybe even really blue. I'm not a real big fan of bluish tints. Hopefully, I'll love it. If not, then adios x-bin.

Trash,

With the amount of flood this is putting out I'm willing to bet that all you will see is ALOT OF LIGHT coming from the head, and I doubt if you'll see any blue with this X bin, but I haven't seen them and could be wrong.

Hope that you'll like the tint cuz it's a once in a life time find from Chris

I've "thought" about selling my XX0T Lithium Lux-V only because it belongs in a museum but I quickly shut the pelican box and slap the back of my head for thinking such horrible thoughts.

Doug

Diggdug,

How's the tint on your XO? Looking at this binning chart:http://home.comcast.net/~theledguy/bin_codes/ , it looks like the XO tint is pretty darn close to WO, but the YO is pretty far into the blue.

I wonder what Chris's perspective of these XYOTs is, as far as tint goes?

Flashaholic*

Trashman,

Let me know if you decide to sell it.
    Ken

Trash,

I just did a wall bounce and all I see is clean white, with no color tint that I can tell. but I have a different Bin than what you will get, Although I really don't think you will beable to tell if there is any color in it. I sure Chis got the whitest Y0 there is.

doug

Oh well, only time will tell. Now, my wait is just a little more suspenseful! What worries me is that I bought a light with an X4T (old binning system) and it was advertised as being snow white, but it ended up being flaming purple, so I returned it. Anyway, I don't really see any risk in buying this light, since if I don't like it, I'm sure it'll sell, no problem. It might make a great eBay item....

Quote Originally Posted by Trashman
    Mine might actually go up for sale. I wasn't really aware which tint YO was. I was thinking it was in the yellow range (YellOw!), which would have been great, but now I see it's rather blue, or maybe even really blue. I'm not a real big fan of bluish tints. Hopefully, I'll love it. If not, then adios x-bin.
    Just remember I Dubs Hello!

Thumbs up Re: TnC HA-Natural Lithium-Lux V's (LIMITED)

I am thrilled about the Y0 tint. W0 used to be my favorite white, and is a little warm, but the three Y0 lights I have are cooler and much preferred to my eyes. I just received a McGizmo light with a Y0 tint and was overjoyed with the tint, compares very will with my first, a TYOJ PR-T Db917. Y0 represents a very pure white to me, even compared to others I see no bluishness to it, unlike the radical cyan hue of my Surefire U2's Lux V and Nuwai 5W Lux V. Only mystery to me is how ridiculously fortunate/resourceful Chris must be to get such an incredibly desirable binned emitter, and in numbers no less! Way to go, Chris! I can't wait til this materializes....
    LIGHT TRAVELS AT 186282.397 MILES PER SECOND... ANY FASTER WOULD BE DANGEROUS

It is a wonder how he's the only one getting these. I haven't been around that long, but I don't remember seeing anybody other than Chris offering lights with x-bins. Maybe, he's just a good sweet talker?
    Last edited by Trashman; 01-31-2006 at 06:38 PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Trashman
    Maybe, he's just a good sweet talker?
    Yup, could be, but me thinks he is a fart smucker...

Naughty Re: TnC HA-Natural Lithium-Lux V's (LIMITED)

I don't want to give away my secret in getting certain Bin's. I found out from the first time I got a few X-bin's how lucky I was. It took a while and some junk Bin's later I hit the jackpot again... I just wish I was brave enough to place larger orders this way. If I was only brave I might have 50 X Bins instead of only a few.

By the way. The YO tint seems almost pure white to my eyes. I wouldn't sell them as premium if they seemed like they were way on the blue side.

Chris

Told ya, always have faith in Chris he has never let us down. And not to mention he has that magic pot that spits out X bins. Thank goodness my paypal is empty and all the lights were sucked up before I got to the thread.. or I'd find away to have one from each batch.

Doug

A tradition to start the New Year with Lithium-Lux lights for sale is something I wouldn’t mind.

I’m sure the Lithium-Lux lights have great tints. TnC, you sure know where to find nice emitters.

Dammit. Someone finally makes a 14500 light, and I'm a day late and a dollar short.

Flashaholic

Planterz
    Have you looked at the JIL Intelli with the optional 14500 battery tube? http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...05&postcount=1
    John 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned-L
    Planterz
    Have you looked at the JIL Intelli with the optional 14500 battery tube? http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...05&postcount=1
    About 20 times a day for the last month. It's at least another paycheck away though.

Flashaholic

At least you can say that this hobby teaches or at least imposes patience! I recently received the 14500 battery tube for my JIL Intelli but it is going on three weeks waiting for my battery order from AW .

Quote Originally Posted by Planterz
    About 20 times a day for the last month. It's at least another paycheck away though.
    John 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Flashaholic*

ALPR

ddadd,

too much popcorn will give u a tummy ache..lol mmmmm popcorn

doug

Quote Originally Posted by Ned-L
    At least you can say that this hobby teaches or at least imposes patience! I recently received the 14500 battery tube for my JIL Intelli but it is going on three weeks waiting for my battery order from AW .
    My last battery order form AW took about 3 weeks. I think it was because of Chinese New Year's. My friend said everything moves at a very slow pace during the celebration.

Chris,

How is ths machining going? Are you getting ready to ship the lights and the tubes?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast