Ultralast CR123R 3.0V 700mAh

CTR

Newly Enlightened
Has any used these before? Are they any good?

They claim to run at 3.0V & 700mAh and can be recharged 1000 times. This is the best I've come across so far for the CR123 battery. Let me know if there are longer lasting ones out there as I'm looking to get some. Thanks

DBUL-CR123RK.jpg

chadne

Newly Enlightened
I bought four sets of these when they were on sale at Fry's for $15....
I've only recharged them a few times, but they seem decent to me. -- I'm not to the level of full flashalholic yet, so don't take my word on it though....

thunderlight

Enlightened
I have used these in a Surefire E1L and in a Dorcy " Super 1 Watt " [ single cell ] . Have not had any problems . OTOH , can't give you a good runtime estimate at this point . Essentially , these appear to match the
" SunCoCell " batteries described at Flashlight Reviews :

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/ypl_r123a3v.htm .

The MAH ratings for the batteries are different , but the charger looks identical . I wouldn't assume that the actual MAH ratings are any different , I wonder if they really are 50 more MAH than the SunCoCell batteries or just badged differently .

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
I'd previously bought these to use in my Surefire G2 and my (very brief) initial experience was good. They worked right off the bat - no double-clicking required. The G2 was as bright with these batteries as with primaries.

However, I didn't test for run time; I quickly returned them, thinking "with CR123 batteries available for $1, when am I ever going to use 14 of 'em to justify the cost of this recharger?"

Ahhhh, the silly thoughts of newbies.

Note that this was well before I knew anything about rechargeables - that is, before I knew they might be harmful to my flashlight!

Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps!

- FITP

axolotls

Enlightened
I bought this set at Fry's maybe a few months ago.

My first bunch of charges went fine.

Now with the charger plugged in for almost 1.5 days, one battery is saying 0.05 V and the other 2.5V

I already sent a message to Ultralight (NAPCO or whatever the parent company is called) to see their response.

At this point, I would not recommend this at all.

gigainternational

Newly Enlightened
I got one set of ultralast and it works fine with Peak Rainier/Nuwai Q3. Suggest to measure after charging before feeding into your precious lights. About 3.6-3.7V after charged. For the 2 cell light- The Inova T3 works. The inexpensive Golston is taking as well. Amazon should have the best price
$18.99( if you buy over 25 from amazon direct selling items, free shipping)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00081I7EC/sr=8-2/qid=1142912819/ref=pd_bbs_2/103-2344624-5666206?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Later I found Zukz 3V rated at 750mah : http://www.craytonelectronics.com/crnirebaforc.html
This company send to wrong address and finally delivered.

Just tonight I found something rated even higher :huh: 900mah 3v RCR123:
http://www.batteryjunction.com/4parc390reli.html
Will try to get some shortly!

Wonder if all these battery factories are playing the same game as Nimh rechargeable... keep typing the exaggerate new larger capacity once in a while... I hope someday the major brand like panasonic, sanyo, sony.... will present the same items.

woodasptim

Newly Enlightened
I just got in a set, charged em till the light turned green, popped them into my Surefire 6P w/ P60. Turned it on for a couple seconds and then my bulb blew.:ohgeez: :awman:

I have a P61, but I'm afraid to try it. Is it more or less likely to blow? I know it pulls more load, but is it as easy to flash? Can't blow both bulbs in the same day. My heart couldn't take it. I wonder if they would flash one of the $20 walmart lights?
When I get home, I'll have to check the voltage on these things.:stupid: