• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

THE 1w AAA PACIFIC

DallasA

Enlightened
Hello Everyone:

The AAA 1w Ocean Series has been named and is in production. Final units will start to ship on 2/6/2006 in the Type III HA and Brass. With the Stainless Steel following in a week.

I will be updating the site over the next week with the rest of the specs and the final photos will be available close to the release date.

Prior to the official release date I will be making a post on how to sign up to be a Beta Tester of this unit. Please I ask that you wait for this post, thank you.

At the last min we were able to increase our runtime efficiency and this is what caused our delay. We are pleased we have taken the extra time to make this available in this model.

Here are the runtime in the entire request I have had so fare. You can also find this info on our website.

Alkaline: 3hrs to 50% 8 hours total
http://www.peakledsolutions.com/images/AAAPACALK.bmp

NMH: 1.75hours to 50% 5 hours total
http://www.peakledsolutions.com/images/AAAPACNMH.bmp

1.6v Lithium: 5hours Maximum Brightness
http://www.peakledsolutions.com/images/AAAPACLITH.bmp

Enjoy and I look forward to the upcoming Beta Test!

Have a Great week!

MJ

paulr

Flashaholic
Nice looking graphics but I think most users would have preferred less runtime and more power.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet runtime!!! The light should be a real hit if the price is right. :)
I'm also interested in being a beta tester.

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice run-time charts!

Have you chosen the beta testers yet? If you are still looking, I would like to be considered.

Between run-time and high power, I think you have chosen the better solution.

Paul

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
This could be interesting and looking forward to it. Looks like the month for buying AAA 1w lights. As they say buy them both. :sold:

Last edited:

dagger10k

Newly Enlightened
Sweet! Can we get some beamshot comparisons like the ones we had with the CPF special?

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
YEAH BETA! can't wait until the pics come out!!! hopefully, the next one will have MORE POWER!!:devil: But then again, there's that runtime issue...

Last edited:

BrightIdeaOSU

Newly Enlightened
Given that this is a under-driven Luxeon, I suppose we can assume that the lamp life will greatly exceed the spec for even a high power snow 29, though who's counting a few thousand hours here or there. Well, I take that back, if what I've read about under driven LumiLED's chips is true, it could be tens of thousands of hours, eh?

Hehe, I'm impressed, escpecially since we've been able to actually trust your run times in the past. As soon as the university deigns pay me then you can sign me up for one. Stainless steel, highest bin you've got. :rock:

jburgett

Newly Enlightened
Wow!!

I will say that Peak has chosen an excellent balance of runtime and brightness!

If we use the Matterhorn 3-led High Power for comparison, it is rated at 70-79cp on alkalines, with a runtime to 50% of 3 hrs. The Pacific will be roughly 3 times as bright for nearly the same runtime!

Well done!
:sold:

RDavid

Newly Enlightened
D@rk Messenger said:
YEAH BETA! can't wait until the pics come out!!! hopefully, the next one will have MORE POWER!!:devil: But then again, there's that runtime issue...
Beta test please.

Don_Redondo

Newly Enlightened
Could you let us know the capacity and brand of the NiMH used in the runtime test? Thanks.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice curves, MJ!
Very flat and a loong tail when you need it. (Somehow that sounds like an odd statement) The regulation is outstanding and by looking at the flatness/brightness.. that is the perfect example of how to do the AAA battery right. Even if your anal and want ruler flat, you still get two hours of stable output before it starts to slide to 50% at three hours.
Mine will be running lithium AAA batteries and 5 HOURS is better than I could of hoped for so kudos to Peak for getting it right. Three times brighter than the Snow29 3 LED and better regulation and compared against the L0P, 3 times the runtime and as someone said... the L0P curve looks very L0P-sided.
If I don't get the beta, that is fine as long as I click the Paypal button fast enough on the 6th of February. My Lambda MicroIlluminator AAA is nervous...

Sarius

Newly Enlightened
jburgett said:
Wow!!

I will say that Peak has chosen an excellent balance of runtime and brightness!

If we use the Matterhorn 3-led High Power for comparison, it is rated at 70-79cp on alkalines, with a runtime to 50% of 3 hrs. The Pacific will be roughly 3 times as bright for nearly the same runtime!

Well done!
:sold:

Wow!!!! Indeed. If I'm looking at the chart right, it looks like it'll be as bright as the McKinley Ultra, and with a lithium, run for much longer.

You Bet :sold:

Sarius

Newly Enlightened
By the Way... are they going to be available in that cool red anodize to match the CPF Special? The two together would make for a nice set.

Latest posts