C2 belt clip

nihraguk

Enlightened
i just got a black C2 today, and it came with the older lexan bezel and the old belt clip without the lanyard attachment point. even the surefire logo etched on the body is the older one with the crosshairs and the sticker on the P60 reads "laser products" not "surefire"
smile.gif

what i want to know is if the newer clips are any better than the old one, and if its worth it to change it, thanks.

btw, i submerged it in a pail of water and it didn't leak a drop
icon14.gif
cool.gif

nihraguk

Enlightened
update: it leaked through the O-ring on the bezel end of the barrel, so i cleaned off all the lube and now it works fine.

nihraguk

Enlightened
yup...over-lubing (surefire seems to very generous with lube) will allow water to leak pass the O-rings. usually i clean most of it off, with just a thin layer to facilitate turning, and it works fine; no water gets pass.

al: is there any reason for me to change the belt clip to the newer type or should i just leave it as it is?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Leave it as is I say. Unless you want to attach a Lanyard. I don't, though.

Not too fond of the long PocketClip - I want to be able to belt clip it, but find they're not as secure as I need. I want a tougher, stronger clip like the one that my Mini Strider-Buck folder has.

Al

nihraguk

Enlightened
Al: thanks. btw i'm very satisfied with the C2. its the right size with all the features i need, plus its completely waterproof now
icon14.gif

i'll leave it as it is then
smile.gif
perhaps if enough cpf members are interested we could mass order some custom made clips. anyway i usually clip the C2 in a pocket, so the tension is sufficient for my uses. basically everything about the C2 is just right
smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
I lost an E2 when it slipped out of being clipped inside my trouser pocket.
I was very drunk and took a taxi back to some house in London (which otherwise was a very good idea)

So I'm a fan of tight clips.

If you've lost your SureFire, I think it'd be more difficult to find a leg to stand on whilst on the phone to SureFire Customer Service.

Al

nihraguk

Enlightened
i think i might get the newer clip...the newer one seems to be thicker and slightly tighter. has anyone noticed this?

i wonder who's the lucky guy who found the E2
smile.gif