SYSMAX Ind./Clike to find more about Nitecore flashlights!
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Post your home-made lanyard photos!

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Post your home-made lanyard photos!

Thats good work.
    man, I gotta get around to working on turk's heads.
    Professional Flashlight Cop

Been a while since I've posted here.

My latest entry into the club.

A Cobra Twist in ISO and woodland camo.

A Gander_Man designed JFBF (Jumbo Fat Boy Fob) in black with navy blue.

First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
    Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller
    Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!!- Axlis

ok, ive been making these 'lanyards' (i call them fobs) & i just cant figure out how to make the big thick (jombo fatboy fobs) if any one can help me, id like it!
    Jon
    keep your friends close & your enemies closer

><>

Flashaholic

anyone have some pics of lanyards on a PD? thinking of making one, just need some ideas if there are any out there. monkey fist is my favorite thus far.
    Mark

I used some stretchy shockcord for this lanyard, covered with black/olive drab utility cord and a swivel clip. I attached it to my Spyderco Salt, but it'd work just as well with a flashlight or for a keychain lanyard. I can clip it to a belt loop and let it hang down inside my pocket or clip it to itself and use as a wriststrap. I'd made another for my Dad's cell phone strap awhile back and it's worked out well.

Here’s some I just finished. Simple choice of colors (black and tan) that work very well IMHO.

Gander_Man designed JFBF.

Monkeys Fist with Cobra (Solomon Bar) whipping.

Square Sennit in black and tan. One with the completions stitch, and one without the completion stitch.

Square Sennit all tan. One with the completions stitch, and one without the completion stitch.

My Twisted Fist in black and tan.

SD,

I use that shock cord on my flashlight and it works well to attatch to my belt.
    First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Those look awsome David,

Benny

This one floats! Ping pong ball in the monkey fist center and Coleman utility cord that also floats. I don't think it'd save a 3D Maglite, but it should hold up a smaller light if it accidently rolled off the boat or dock whilst doing a bit of night fishing.

Toxic green/black paracord monkey fist with a doubled lanyard knot and a hangman's noose. A 1" wooden ball was used for the fist's center.

Another attempt at the Pineapple Knot. Might call this one the “Lumpy Pineapple” .

I finally got around to making a lanyard that uses one of the skulls I got from a friendly CPF member

~John

Well, I certainly won't misplace my fauxton with one of these monkey fists attached. Ping pong balls for the centers with some polycord from wallyworld.

Seriously though, I'm gonna use 'em for Christmas tree ornaments. It's easier and faster to make larger sized monkey fists, so if you're learning, you might try it first with larger cord/rope and ping pong balls, racquetballs, or tennis balls and then give it a try with something smaller to use as a flashlight/knife/tool lanyard. I did these five in one hour. It can take that long to make just one in paracord if you have several turns and add sinnets, twists, or cobra stitches.

Stormdrane,

How well does that float, I wonder?

You might have just invented the first floating keychain monkeyfist fob.

Dan
    'Tis the gift to be simple.

It does float, but just barely. The cord I used for this one gets waterlogged and doesn't float like the Coleman cord I've used before, so it's just the ping pong ball holding up a few keys. If cord made for use around water was used, it would probably hold up more like the one I'd made earlier.

Here's a short 'How to' video that I made on making a round sinnet paracord lanyard/fob. Please forgive the poor quality, but I think a beginner would get the gist of it. I used two pieces of gutted paracord, one 30 inches and the other 25 inches(this will make a fob with about a 3 inch loop and a 2 inch body). To make the square sinnet, after the first stich is made, just go straight across when making the stiches instead of at an angle like I did in the video, so you'll end up with a square body with solid colored sides instead of the round sinnet's spiral effect.

If you can get it, the black reflective paracord goes well with a variety of paracord colors.

I had totally forgotten this thread existed on CPF; I've even forgotten if I've posted before. In any case, here're some I've been doing lately:

Still having fun with this one.

I remember when I first saw bruner post one that I had though of them before, but dismissed the idea because I thought it would take too much cord. It does take too much cord (these have about 12' each for the big one, and probably about 6' for the small one), but they are fun. Lots of different variations that can be done.

I gave the double twists over the sinnet a try and... neato! I used 9 feet of coyote tan and desert camo paracord. The loop is about 3" and the body was 2.5 inches when I started the double twists back over the sinnet. It provides a thicker/beefier grip on the lanyard/fob. Thanks to ghostrider for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    I remember when I first saw bruner post one that I had though of them before, but dismissed the idea because I thought it would take too much cord. It does take too much cord (these have about 12' each for the big one, and probably about 6' for the small one), but they are fun. Lots of different variations that can be done.
    Thanks for remembering

Here are the two that I think you might be refering to. They both took a bunch of cord to complete, but still ended up fairly small. I thought it was a very efficient way to cary a large amount of cordl. Mind you, the paracord was gutted for both of these. I imagine they would be much thicker, had I not...

PS. I haven't done many, but I credit you two (Stormdrane & gohstrider) with teaching me the most. Thanks

Dan
    Last edited by bruner; 11-14-2006 at 09:57 PM.
    'Tis the gift to be simple.

Cool beans! Now I remember seeing those, but didn't realize that's the way they were done at the time.

Yup, it's all Stormdrane, Ghostrider, and wpowell's fault.

Been a while since I posted.

Cobra Twist in black and purple.

FAF in purple with green w/purple tracer whipping.

Round Sennit under Dual Cobra Twist double reversed and crossed over.

Cobra Twist in desert camo and OD. $4.

Cobra Twist in woodland camo.

CobraTwist in black and desert camo.

Here is the rig that I wear everywhere. Well, ok, my brother made me take it off at his wedding.

Gerber Gator Serrator, Coast LED Lenser V2, Gerber Scout Multiplier.

As you can see from the wear, it gets a lot of use. I've had a few cops eye it funny and ask questions. The leather is from the guy that makes the concealed combat rigs for the GBI drug task force.

The lanyard on the flashlight, and the chain on the keys(I never loose my keys anymore) were made by my nephew who makes chain mail.
    Last edited by southernyankee; 12-02-2006 at 09:16 AM.

A few shockcord lanyards/wriststraps.

Group shot.
    Without flash:

With flash:

Dual Cobra Twist over a Round Sennit.

Without flash:

With flash:

Another one of my FAF’s (Fully Adjustable Fob):

Here is some i have made to give away as gifts for Christmas.

The first one I used some old surefire laynards.

The rest are using 450 cord and the black is 550 cord, using McGizmo nano clips.

-=- Surefire G2 Yellow -=- Mag AA Opleac Newbeam -=- Milkyspit ML-1 -=- Surefire M3T -=- Mag ROP -=- Nextorch Magic Max -=- Fenix P1 -=- Surefire E1L -=- Fenix P1D CE Q5 -=- LEDWave X-33 -=-

king cobra on top
    quick release (thanks D. Sigurdson[sry if I butchered your name])
    square sinnet
    round sinnet
    stormdrane's sinnet tutorial video was extremely helpful, thanks
    No.... Maybe a 2nd job.... But that's about it. - Monocrom

I found an old thread with pics of custom lanyards I though might go well with this one. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=101777

this is what I made earlier today

these are some prototypes I made. the one on the left is part round and part square sinnet, I was experimenting a bit, the one on the right is all round, just testing it out before I did…

…this. Far left is an OD/Black alt square sinnet. the color I put first is the "dominant" color, aka the one the color the loop is. the one in the middle is a black/od round sinnet. the one on the far right is a swivel-clipped OD/Black round sinnet. I might trim the ends on that one I think they turned out pretty well

this is my OHT I got for christmas, with a lanyard I made. just a string of pararcord with a noose on the keyring and on a swivel clip. kudos to my sister, which gave me one of the swivel clips

have a good one guys
    No.... Maybe a 2nd job.... But that's about it. - Monocrom