PEAK

Thread: Just got 15mW Green

Default Just got 15mW Green

In the mail today I received my much anticipated 15mW green from Wicked Laser. The shipping was FAST with them. It took a week and a half. 3 days for Pay pal, and 7 days for them to get it to me from Shanghai. Very nice. I am extremely impressed with this unit. I have a red laser pointer, and this thing blows it out of the water. I can see why you would need eye protection with more powerful units. It hurts to shine this at a white wall at 5 feet. It feels very solid, and has a nice look to it. I canít wait to use this at night. For a total price of 118.95, this is wonderful. Now I wonít be so clueless to the power of the lasers you are talking about in this section of the forums.
    Alex
    I LOVE the dark.
    Lights I own: Surefire- M6, 6P. Inova- T1, T3, 5x white blue, and UV. Riverrock Headlamp. M@glite 2d, 4d, mini.

Default Re: Just got 15mW Green

oooh please post some pictures.
    good to know you had good service from Wicked.
    i want to order a 55mW from them.
    ---xPhantom---
    LASERS for LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by bole64
    In the mail today I received my much anticipated 15mW green from Wicked Laser. The shipping was FAST with them. It took a week and a half. 3 days for Pay pal, and 7 days for them to get it to me from Shanghai. Very nice. I am extremely impressed with this unit. I have a red laser pointer, and this thing blows it out of the water. I can see why you would need eye protection with more powerful units. It hurts to shine this at a white wall at 5 feet. It feels very solid, and has a nice look to it. I canít wait to use this at night. For a total price of 118.95, this is wonderful. Now I wonít be so clueless to the power of the lasers you are talking about in this section of the forums.
    Pics Please... Please...
    Zebralight Spark Princeton Inova Petzl Maglite Bushnell 4 XM-L MagMod and a lot of Cree XM-L Lights Nitecore i4 Intellicharger Intl-outdoor 3400 Panasonic 3100 Bare and protected Samsung 3000 Sanyo 2600
    Please, respect the planet, dont kill animals...

Way to go on the 15 mw laser. ive been admiring wickedlaser products for a while. that 15 mw at that price sounds good. i currently have a heavy duty 5mw CR123 powered laser from lasergreen.com for about $85 shipped. i would say be careful with eye protection because reflected laser light can cause damage. 15 mw IIRC you need to take more precautions than with 5mw.

Shrug Re: Just got 15mW Green

Ok, I got some pics, but my camera could not focus or capture the beam. So, this is the best I can do for now.

Last edited by bole64; 02-01-2006 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Alex
    I LOVE the dark.
    Lights I own: Surefire- M6, 6P. Inova- T1, T3, 5x white blue, and UV. Riverrock Headlamp. M@glite 2d, 4d, mini.

Sounds like a good choice of laser strength. Especially if this is your first green laser. I think that if you held a 15mW and a 30mW side by side you'd barely see any difference with beam and dot strength. Should be great for starpointing and general hobbies or experiments/photographic effects etc. At 15mW, I think that you won't need to consider eye protection unless you feel there's a risk or reflection from a shiny flat surface, or if you "play" with your laser with some degree of regularity. There's a LOT of uses for 10-15mW lasers that higher powered and lower powered models are simply unsuitable for.

Have fun.