Just got 15mW Green

bole64

Newly Enlightened
In the mail today I received my much anticipated 15mW green from Wicked Laser. The shipping was FAST with them. It took a week and a half. 3 days for Pay pal, and 7 days for them to get it to me from Shanghai. Very nice. I am extremely impressed with this unit. I have a red laser pointer, and this thing blows it out of the water. I can see why you would need eye protection with more powerful units. It hurts to shine this at a white wall at 5 feet. It feels very solid, and has a nice look to it. I can't wait to use this at night. For a total price of 118.95, this is wonderful. Now I won't be so clueless to the power of the lasers you are talking about in this section of the forums.

LASERSforLIFE

Newly Enlightened
oooh please post some pictures.
good to know you had good service from Wicked.
i want to order a 55mW from them.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
bole64 said:
In the mail today I received my much anticipated 15mW green from Wicked Laser. The shipping was FAST with them. It took a week and a half. 3 days for Pay pal, and 7 days for them to get it to me from Shanghai. Very nice. I am extremely impressed with this unit. I have a red laser pointer, and this thing blows it out of the water. I can see why you would need eye protection with more powerful units. It hurts to shine this at a white wall at 5 feet. It feels very solid, and has a nice look to it. I can't wait to use this at night. For a total price of 118.95, this is wonderful. Now I won't be so clueless to the power of the lasers you are talking about in this section of the forums.

Pics Please... Please...

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Way to go on the 15 mw laser. ive been admiring wickedlaser products for a while. that 15 mw at that price sounds good. i currently have a heavy duty 5mw CR123 powered laser from lasergreen.com for about $85 shipped. i would say be careful with eye protection because reflected laser light can cause damage. 15 mw IIRC you need to take more precautions than with 5mw.

bole64

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I got some pics, but my camera could not focus or capture the beam. So, this is the best I can do for now.

img06573tl.jpg

img06883nd.jpg

img06537zy.jpg

Last edited:

nero_design

Enlightened
Sounds like a good choice of laser strength. Especially if this is your first green laser. I think that if you held a 15mW and a 30mW side by side you'd barely see any difference with beam and dot strength. Should be great for starpointing and general hobbies or experiments/photographic effects etc. At 15mW, I think that you won't need to consider eye protection unless you feel there's a risk or reflection from a shiny flat surface, or if you "play" with your laser with some degree of regularity. There's a LOT of uses for 10-15mW lasers that higher powered and lower powered models are simply unsuitable for.

Have fun.