What product do you want to see?

KBlaserman

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I would like your opinion, what are you looking for when buying a laser? What would you most like to see? What's the most popular buy today?

Sorry for the odd questions, I have started up my laser business and i would just like to know what you all are looking for.

If you dont want to post your answer please email me at:

[email protected]

wondergimp

Newly Enlightened
My first concern is prices. If I cant afford the price, forget about buying it, even if there is exellent customer service. The next thing is honesty. I don't like laser sites that show the laser looking like a lightsaber, when it is only a 5mw. The other thing I like is plenty of info of the laser. What are it's capabilities? Can it burn stuff? Is it safe? Those are just a few. I'm gonna email ya.

comozo

Enlightened
I'd like to see lasers with these wave lengths 556 and 589. As you know CNI along with Melles Griot and others produce lasers that output at or near these wavelengths. An lens system were the lenses can be swapped by the end user at their discretion with new lenses. lenses that are AR coated for the specific wavelength of the laser. A beam that is on axis, centered. Tripod mount.

KBlaserman

Newly Enlightened
Some interesting things here, So it would be good to offer exotic lasers?

Example

594nm Yellow/orange laser, 5mw - reasonable price of course

650nm Red laser, 200mW - Reasonable Price of course

Is there any interest for pen style lasers? I would not like to offer anything with without FDA accession # though...

Last edited:

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
wondergimp said:
1- My first concern is prices. If I cant afford the price, forget about buying it 2-exellent customer service.
3-The next thing is honesty. I don't like laser sites that show the laser looking like a lightsaber, when it is only a 5mw.
4-The other thing I like is plenty of info of the laser.
5-it's capabilities?

I m with wondergimp,
(* indicate my silly preference)

1- PRICE is the big factor. Ever wonder why "almost" everyone have fenix L1p
2- excellent customer service ensure quality of the products
3*- I ll take a Lightsaber please :) more power! more, more!
4- since this is CPF specification and info are very much appreciated
5*-Very high visibility beam, able to pop ballons and cut stuff.

6*-Laser in pen form factors look the same with all other companies, so what would make yours so special? IMHO, a well designed product that function perfectly is a keeper
7*-Practicallity would be good to see as how the product performs. Water-resistance, tough and rugged for millitary, S&R or ocassional outdoor camping use. Mountable on telescope for star gazing.

ps- I m sounding like my boss :crazy:

Last edited:

KBlaserman

Newly Enlightened
heheh, all those things sound great in your post, however in my view lasers are not a toy, nor should they be portrayed as one. Popping balloons and starting things on fire are very unsafe and are a bad way to use a laser. To be quite frank it makes you sound immature, and yes I know everyone may want some big power and to burn things but when you are dealing with a laser that can burn your eye with only a fraction of a second of exposure then i think there is a line that needs to be held.

To be honest, all these laser "businesses" that have things like "Pop balloons cut tape start fires" it makes me really sick. One competitor I'm not going to name even has young adults buying these high powered lasers, there is no way some of these people are over 18, at least in the brain, there are pictures that come back of them standing in their yard shining a 100+mw pen style pointer at the neighbors house. This to me shows how hard up and how careless you would have to be to make money.

Enough of my rant, I understand that lasers can be a lot of fun, just use the necessary precautions and respect the safety of you and all who is around you.

EGP

Newly Enlightened
Would love to see some unusual colors - affordable (if there's such a thing...) blue, violet, yellow, with sufficient power to make a visible beam in resonably humid or lightly smoky conditions.

Cheers,
Erling

comozo

Enlightened
That's why I suggested 556nm it has the highest apparent visibility and 589 would be sufficiently different in color to look attractive while still having an apparent brightness close to 532nm. I retrofitted a 5mw laser in to a new brass housing to run on AA batteries, keeps the pointer a max output longer obviously. In short A bigger power supply is better.

InfidelCastro

Banned
I wanna see a hand held laser you can shoot people with.. but that's just me..

Too much sci-fi in my younger days...

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to see more green lasers powered by AA cells instead of the usual AAA format. Perhaps a side-by-side configuration to shorten the overall length would be another plus.

KBlaserman

Newly Enlightened
lowbat, that does sound nice, it would last longer and have a more rugged feel to them..

Bogie

Enlightened
I would like to see a easy modified green ala Leadlight with a 123 power source

CrazyFingers

Newly Enlightened
Some reasonably priced accessories for actually doing something with these high-powered lasers.
For example, small front-silvered mirrors attached to an aimable (pitch-yaw?) mount, a stable tripod/tabletop mount for the laser itself. Remote turn-on capability so as not to disturb the alignment, perhaps a small motorized x-y scanner for making designs. Beam-splitters, right angle crystals, perhaps even some type of aerosol visibility enhancer for lower powered units (no smoke, bleh..)
I think there is a market for visual accessories that hasn't been addressed.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about something like Marvin the Martian's super-duper-exterminator-ray-gun that he tried to use on Bugs!
fighting38.gif

KBlaserman

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like good ideas to me, ill do some searching and maybe ill find some optic goodies :)

Keep the ideas coming, lol I like the last one...

You want to know what I want...

I would like to see a laser that has a replaceable front glass plate, I hate the spray effect, however I have experimented with this and found that it can sometimes be dangerous, if the glass isn't of good quality it can project the beam at different angles.

nero_design

Enlightened
I'd like to see the first portable violet lasers. The mains-powered ones look VERY nice. But a portable unit is of interest to me. The colour is really quite stunning (see reference pic)

original.jpg

KBlaserman

Newly Enlightened
I especially like that they anodized it violet..
I will check on that for you, i really doubt that there are portable modules out yet but if there is any they will be pretty expensive.

bexteck

Enlightened
I'd like to see some affordable green lasers that have an adjustable output from say 3mw-50mw. That way I can have a nice bright visible beam outside at night, and also be able to dial down the power and use the pointer inside for presentations and such without blinding people from the reflection of the dot. The only lasers that I have seen with adjustable output are from optotronics.com and cost somewhere around $800. That puts them a little over my price range.