CPF Member's Actions/Postings

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[babblemodeon]

Sigman's personal thoughts:

This applies to ALL of us -

I understand that "things happen", miscommunications take place, misunderstanding happens, feelings get hurt, folks lose control, sometimes we make the wrong decisions...we're all human.

A real positive quality is to try and learn from the past, hopefully we adjust our opinions, thoughts, attitudes, & actions as a result of the past. To adjust those in a positive direction so that we as individuals can "get on with life" indeed takes thought, control, and discipline.

I'm asking ALL of us to exercise that control and discipline here. That's what makes the CPF "different" from other sites on the WWW. We have a GREAT bunch of folks here.

There's no need whatsoever to start name calling with comments and negative implicatons such as I've read. I have come to respect members for who they are and what they say just as much as anyone else. To see folks resorting to namecalling, disappoints me and I want to say that "respect" can indeed be a fragile quality lost in a second.

There's the Underground if someone really needs to vent or other sites on the WWW to act this way.

Why am I posting this...because that fragile "respect" that has been talked about in this thread is in jepardy here with more than one individual. I certainly have expected more out folks than what I'm seeing here at times.

Now I'm not sure if my own past observations were correct in respect to folks. I try to keep an open mind about things in general. Don't sweat the small stuff...Respect, maturity, honesty, & integrity isn't "small stuff" to me. They are all important to me. I may let loose here and there, most times that's the mechanism with which I use to deal with stress. I can indeed go overboard at times, though I try not to. I'm as human as the next fellow.

OK...I'll turn the babblemode off for now.

Can we get back to the topic of this thread?

[babblemodeoff]

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Re: CPF Member's Actions

Insult edited out by Kiessling.

lol im kdiiing lol im weird im sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Hey, how did you know how big I was? Seriously, it's a never ending battle with me. I do enjoy food!! (Who doesn't!?)

Ok...back on topic please...

raggie33

*the raggedier*

ok back on topic i sometimes lose my temper then i feel bad about it ill try to be nicer and more patient

raggie33

*the raggedier*

ekk i hope he knew i was jokeing

Kiessling

Flashaholic

These are good thoughts, Sigman, and I tend to agree, unfortunately.
bernie

cy

Flashaholic

totally agree with what you are saying..

there's been too much baiting and name calling of late.
it's starting to matter more who posted and whom it was posted about, than actual topic of post.

when I see a train wreck coming.... much simpler to bite your tongue and stay out of the way.

cpf is a heaven on WWW due to careful moderation of all the threads. thanks to all the moderators for this sometimes thank-less task.

Last edited:

drizzle

Enlightened

Well said Sigman. We have something special here. I will even go so far as to say my interest in flashlights might be less than my interest in this community. Lately I have composed replies several times only to stop short of actually submitting them. I've never regretted any of those decisions.

Lightmeup

Enlightened

I have no problem with the intent of your post, but I really don't know what you're talking about.

greenLED

Flashaholic

me too ;)

That's the gist of Sigman's post, if I'm interpreting things right.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

greenLED said:
just be nice to others ;)
Yep, basically what I'm talkin' bout!

The ole' "think about it before you post it" thing. I understand emotion and venting...it happens, but in the end...

We don't need to stoop down to some of the things we've posted in the past and it actually feels better to be able to exercise some control in certain situations. I'd say using control certainly give one the upper hand in things...

I won't get into specifics about what prompted the original post, but as you surf through these halls at the Candle Power Forums...you'll run across some posts of fury here and there that really didn't need to be posted in the way they were.

I think that's enough said...we can all play together nicely, can't we?