ok im starting my own company

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im am going to be a aminal mind reader for the low price of 3 bucks send in ya recroding of ya pet and ill tell ya what he is saying please no i have no idea how to do this and im just kidding but it would be cool if i realy new how to do it

Lightmeup

Enlightened
If you could listen to recordings of wives or girlfriends and figure out what they really mean I think a lot of guys would be happy to pay you.

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lightmeup said:
If you could listen to recordings of wives or girlfriends and figure out what they really mean I think a lot of guys would be happy to pay you.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should do this for your friends and family, then branch out, when you see a demand, then start on making it in to a real business.

I am working on something and am just shocked at how many hurdles that are needed to over come. Who knew being out 10+ hours a day taking the bus severly limits your shipping options? Sure ups, fedex, etc will pick up, but when you leave at 615am and come home 330-5pm, they are unable to help you. I could only carry a few packages a day to ship along the route and that will add an hour to take another bus.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back when Dionne Warwick was doing the psychic hotline thing, my idea was to start a telephone based psychic reading hotline thing that would call up potential customers collect with a message that started, 'We know you want your fortune read...'

I'm serious! You could get a loan, start in a major city (to keep your own long distance bills down) and even if only 1 on 100 people you call accepted the call, at $10/reading, of course, you'd make money.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
If reggie has DSL or cable net service, he could get vonage and that would give him a flat rate for national calls. Maybe he has vonage, I dont keep track of that stuff. He could then use paypal though a webpage to get his number and to call him or give him their number and he calls them.

With that psychic BS its just reading scripts. There are a few books out on cold readings, etc. You could use the horoscopes as a guide to what to say.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
cratz2 said:
Back when Dionne Warwick was doing the psychic hotline thing, my idea was to start a telephone based psychic reading hotline thing that would call up potential customers collect with a message that started, 'We know you want your fortune read...'

I'm serious! You could get a loan, start in a major city (to keep your own long distance bills down) and even if only 1 on 100 people you call accepted the call, at $10/reading, of course, you'd make money.
and **** off 99 others. :xyxgun:
stuff like this is why we have a federal no call list.not a good business plan.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cold calling really works. Sure you get a few who are pissed off, a few who are middle of the road, but in my experience 1 in 8. General its 1 out of 100 for cold caling. 8 out of 100 for magazines/catalogs.

If you buy a copy of those small business magazines at the store, they have lists for sale. Better to do the B2B thing and sell your service to an existing vet, piggy back on them instead, use their customers.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
snakebite said:
and **** off 99 others. :xyxgun:
stuff like this is why we have a federal no call list.not a good business plan.

Keeping in mind that I'd never do it... We were just talking about business ideas back in the day and that was one that I had.

I'm also reminded of the many 'honest scams' often found in the back of magazines. Andy Rooney did a slot on them one time including the 'go anywhere hanger'. It said something like it "Can be used anywhere, doesn't even require a closet. Never be left without a place to hang your coat again. Minor assembly required.'

I think it was about $19.95 (plus shipping and handling, of course).

What you received was a nail and one of those cheap 5" long hammers with a green plastic handle.