Weather Channel not offering local forecasts?

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive become rather addicitve to switch to the weather channel during commercials to see whats on the radar screen. Anyway, more and more often I switch and its just the generic weather map with a few selected cities listed. Seems to be the case all day today.

They changing something or something?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
There's a device in the cable company's headend which takes data from TWC and watches for a "select code" for your local city. It stores the data that matches that code (your local forecast) and inserts it into the local breaks upon receiving a command from Atlanta. I'm guessing that this device is broken right now. When it's offline, all you see is the generic national data during the local breaks.

Be patient - it'll be placed back online soon.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use to love the weather map sites that gave you the raw radar images and satellite images.

Still no local forecasts or time and outside temp.

You can also text message GOOGL with the text WX and zip code to get a 4 day forecast on your phone.

Last edited:

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its working again, nothing like flipping to thelocals on the 8s during commercials.

I like that bumper music during some of the forecasts where you can hear someone humming bat man in the back ground.