Longest throwing Surefire?

Xe54

Enlightened
Hi:

Which model with which options of Surefire components produces the longest throwing light?

carrot

Flashaholic
Longest throwing... I'll make a wild guess and say an M6 or a Beast. In the very least, it'd be one of the lights with a turbohead.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
I heard that the older model turbo heads have better throw than the newer ones. It would definetely be one of the lights with the turbo head, like carrot said. The m6 might win because of the tremendous lumen output, and you can actually buy it for less than 3 grand.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Beast/Hellfire for HID's, bulky though.

As far as the older model lights, SRTH (Short Rim Turbo Head I think?) was/is the 'thrower' with less stipple on the reflector, more like a light/medium orange peel.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's also going to depend on the lamps used. Some bulbs have smaller filaments than others, resulting in a narrower beam. I seem to recall a lamp with a designation starting with "N" doing that.

Paul

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Does anyone know how much better an SRTH throws compared to the current range of KT turboheads assuming identical LAs?

Lagger-pro's price for an SRTH is quite steep but I wouldn't mind paying for it if it throws just that bit further.

Luxman

Enlightened
I have not compared the SRTH to the KT. But I can say that my D3/N2/SRTH 105 lu spot is so well defined and bright that I can see it within my M3/MN11 225 lu lamp spot. And I get the 1 hr run time with the N2 vs only 20 min with the MN11.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The old "almost" smooth 3" T-Head is has the best throw of any SureFire I have seen.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
blackbag223 said:
how about my G2?
:thinking: Depends on how good your arm is. :devil:

No, seriously, the G2 isn't that great a thrower. Respectable, yes, but great, no. Reflector's probably not big enough.