T5 anyone?

poormanshummer

Newly Enlightened
I've got my SureFire (M3) and I got my Light Cannon but one light I've been waiting patiently for (since the summer now) is the Inova T5. Does anyone know if they have been released yet and the suppliers I've been checking are too lazy to update their sites or is this torch a myth like Santa Clause and eskimos?

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't be surprised if this model is discontinued because the T4 is killing it. Why would anyone want to keep feeding a T5 fresh batteries when a T4 is rechargerable. The price diffence is so small it doesn't make sense to buy a T5. I use a full size ~12 1/2' light & 5" mini-light as a back-up while on duty. But if i had to carry only one medium size light (~8") it would be, without a doubt, the T4.

Regards,

John

spoonrobot

Enlightened
I'm waiting for the T5 also. I understand it hasn't been released yet but the gentleman I spoke to from Galls (or Quartermaster) told me to try back again a few weeks after the SHOT show.

I think that the T5 will be significantly brighter than the T4 since the T4 is slightly less bright than the T3. I figure the T5 should be similar to the Pelican M3 (another 3-cell 3-watt light) in having more output than the T3 but about a third more battery life.

I sincerely hope that the T5 is not discontinued because I only really like to use Lux I and Lux III lights when the LED is behind a collimator optic and the TIROS system is my favorite so far.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been waiting for months as well. I guess it's just hurry up and wait. There is no way they will discontinue a new light that has not even made it to market yet. They came out with is light because people wanted a T4 type light that was NOT rechargeable. They sell many T3s for every T4 sold, so the battery type is a non issue. I have no idea what's up with the delayed release of the light. Remember that there was virtually a nationwide back order on T4s for a while too. Perhaps it is body parts availability common to both? :shrug:
On another note, the T4 is supposed to be noticeably brighter than the T3. I don't know where the opposite idea came from. Let's hope they get the darned light out before we all die of old age!:whistle:

spoonrobot

Enlightened
fieldops said:
On another note, the T4 is supposed to be noticeably brighter than the T3. I don't know where the opposite idea came from. Let's hope they get the darned light out before we all die of old age!:whistle:

It came from flashlightreviews.

Now, I don't own a T4 since I have my rechargeable needs covered but according to the measurements taken by Quickbeam the T4 actually puts out very slightly less light than the T3. I sincerely hope that the T5 does not have the same output as the T3/T4 and merely features extended runtime. I want a true barn-burner LED behind the TIROS optic. If I ever save enough to start a possible throw-away mod project I'd like to try a U-Bin 3-Watt LED on a high current sandwhich to get some away output from the collimator.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a fascinating project. If they they don't get the T5 to market soon, we might all as well think of alternatives:shakehead