K2 Complete flashlight

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who do you guys think will be the first company to produce (regular production quantities) a K2 based flashlight?
My guess is Surefire. My other guess is that they will announce it at the shot show.
What are your guesses?
Yaesumofo

Last edited:

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absence of info about the bin and Vf (especially) are quite inconvenient.

For my own planned mod (3 x Nimh AAs Direct Drive), the nominal voltage is around 3.6v. If I get a K or L Vf bin, it won't really be bright. I'm hoping for a J bin perhaps.

Surefire LED 2 cell or more lights need not worry about Vf bins that much if they are using a "Downboy" type convertor.

But for the e1e + LED head, I imagine the Vf is important? The single Li-on happens to fall at 3.7v nominal voltage and if the convertor was a step down but the K2 was 3.99v, it's not gonna work. Or if it was a step-up and the K2 was 3.42v Vf, it wouldn't work either.

But I guess SF convertors are the 'smart' type that auto-detect the voltage difference and adjusts accordingly.

P/S I hope I'm making sense. I'm not even sure if I have my facts right. Haha...

Last edited:

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
LRI is one of the likley candidate :D :poke:

i hope atleast they will announce it first to release K2 Based light... when the light actually gets released.. is another story ;):ironic::crackup:

Last edited:

Luxman

Enlightened
I wonder if a K2 version of the Gladius might be possible. Night Ops wants to be a hit and a K2 Gladius would sure get some attention.

L.E.D.

Enlightened
"XIPHOS" by Night Ops and Blackhawk. Sorry, they beat Surefire and LRI to it already lol.