Anyone know what this is ? Bodyguard's Light !

AlanH

Enlightened
Hi,

It's been described to me as a UK issue (military) Bodyguard light, supposed to give off a blinding flash when switched on ?

Personally I think it looks more like a retro dive light ! Stainless, Glass Guard etc.

Was wondering if anyone knows anything about it. Google shows one for sale in Italian ! but gives no info.

silvermod006.jpg

silvermod005.jpg

silvermod004.jpg

silvermod003.jpg

It's on it's way to me , so will post some better pix when I get it here.

Regards

Alan

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could send an email to the people at www.ceag.de to see if they are/were associated with this product.

It looks like it may be made for use in hazardous environments.

AlanH

Enlightened
Me too, it does look kinda overbuilt. I do remember hearing about the supposed BG Light before, there is a refence to it in a couple of books I have but I just can't help feeling that this is a dive light or as suggested a hazardous area light.

i think the email to ceag is a good idea, will try that.

Alan

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
Cool! The Panerai of Flashlights? :D What is it with the Italians and their gizmos.... :)

Oh, just reread it, it's from the UK...never mind! :D

AlanH

Enlightened
Panerai ! Probably the best watches I have ever owned. but a real ***** to get serviced in the UK.

If only this was as cool. Built like a tank, heavy as hell. Will do some more photos tonight, am gonna figure out what batteries it takes and try and test light it.

Still no email answer from CEAG in Denamrk, here's hopong !

Alan

woodfluter

Newly Enlightened
Don't know, but my guess is also dive light. The front glass looks quite thick in the photos - is it thick enough to withstand pressure? The steel cross guard in front of the lens would affect the beam and I think suggests some application where having the lens break would disable the light with *serious* consequences - such as use underwater. It is similar to side windows on diving helmets.

Looks like it has seen some rough use from scratches and dings. The bezel has slots at intervals, and there is the blade inserted into one of those and held by screws to the head - my guess is that it locks a threaded bezel in place so it won't accidentally unscrew underwater - are there seals there? How about the tailcap - is it sealed with a gasket of any sort? Does the endpin with the ring rotate so it won't accidentally unscrew the tailcap?

- Bill