Aluminum Xenon “POLICE” 6V Flashlight with Holster

Status
Not open for further replies.

agarena

Banned
Review of

Aluminum Xenon Superbright "POLICE" 6V Flashlight with Holster

I have recently purchased the Aluminum Xenon Superbright 6V Flashlight with Holster. This flashlight uses a 6 volt Xexon bulb and 2 CR123A primary lithium cells to power the flashlight. You can also use two rechargeable RCR123A Li-ion cells.

After purchasing and testing the Aluminum Xenon Superbright 6V Flashlight with Holster I have mixed thoughts about this Xexon Flashlight. First of all I feel that the biggest benefit of this flashlight is the cost. At batteryspace.com you can purchase this flashlight for $17.95 or in combination with Rechargeable RCR123A 3.0V 680mAh Li-ion Battery Kit: Smart Worldwide Travel Charger+4pcs RCR123A for $29.95 for both. I suggest to purchase this flashlight with the recharge battery kit for the simple fact that it only adds $5.00 to the rechargeable battery kit itself. This is, of course if you need the rechargeable battery kit.

The flashlight is constructed mostly of aluminum, making it quite lightweight with the strength of aluminum. It comes in either a golden or black color, the color seems to be adhered to the body fairly well. I was not very impressed by the adjustable focus on the front of the flashlight, the narrow-beam focus works just fine, however the wide-beam products a light beam that resembles a ring of light on the wall. On wide-beam the beam is dark in the middle and with normal light around the edges. I feel that the tail cap of the flashlight is so-so. The tail cap has a decent feel to it and only performs on and off, with no momentary on feature. I prefer flashlights with a momentary on or signal feature. A good feature to the tail cap is the twist off feature. This allows you to twist the tail cap with will prevent any accidental flashlight operation, saving battery life. Both the tail cap and front area of the flashlight are sealed with rubber o-rings. The manufacture claims the flashlight to be waterproof up to 30 feet, however I personally feel although it may be quite water resistant it may leak under water pressure. I would be afraid to test the waterproof ability of the flashlight. The nylon holster that comes with the flashlights is built a little flimsy but it does the job. The holster has both a button latch and a hook and loop latch. The bulb can be easily changed and are quite cheap at batteryspace.com. (If you use rechargeable RCR123A batteries you must use the 6 volt bulb).

Overall I would give the Aluminum Xenon Superbright 6V Flashlight with Holster a fair rating. I was not really impressed with the amount of light that it produces compared to other Xexon flashlights but the amount of light isn't terrible. The narrow focused beam produced a good beam while the wide focused beam produced a ring effect. The price the best aspect about this flashlight. Its worth the low price for this flashlight. I suggest this flashlight for occasional use, not to be used as an everyday flashlight.

Link removed to insure that the spamming is unprofitable - Empath

Delvance

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF agarena.

Yah, those police lights aren't exactly great, read of reports where the bulb blew in a matter of minutes. Nice review! :goodjob:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
agarena,

Why is it that every post that you have made has been one to promote a product being sold by batteryspace, with a link to the product page on batteryspace's site.

Don't you think it's more than a little misleading to post such a review if you're actually selling the product?

Status
Not open for further replies.