Rubber non slip/roll for Mags?

mattyg

Newly Enlightened
Is there a product out there that you can install on your Mag to give it a rubber grip or make it not roll? Just curious.

Malpaso

Enlightened
The anti-roll adapter also works on the G2 to cover the tailcap so it doesn't get accidentally turned on.

CLHC

Flashaholic
There is a slip-on rubber sleeve for the body that Nite-Ize makes, not the one with the clip and handle, but full on rubber sleeve in black. The only thing is that it took me a while to "slip" it on my MagCharger. These were available over at Fry's Electronics. The anti-roll bezel protector from Maglite is also found there.

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fry's is more of a regional chain and may not have a business presence in many states.

You can find a list of the Fry's stores at http://www.frys.com/localframe.html. Fry's also owns Outpost.com, so folks who don't have a Fry's in their locale could shop there, though they aren't really all that competitive in pricing compared to other web sites.

CHC said:
These were available over at Fry's Electronics. The anti-roll bezel protector from Maglite is also found there.

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

juancho

Enlightened
The sleeve of rubber is put over the flashlight after spraying the torch with hair spray, so it is lubricated to enter and after drying up it will not move.

Another thing for flashlights is the Pac Skin from Pachmayer, that is a neoprene rubber skin with a self stick backing.

S5300069.jpg

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
Rubber bands!

Just twist/roll a half-dozen sturdy rubber bands at strategic places around the light's barrel and/or head.

I've done this with slippery Mags and certain Streamlights and Pelicans, and even an old, round-bezel Surefire 6P. Not especially photogenic... if you're into Style & Image. However, it works like a charm. Cost: zero.

I prefer the thick green or purple rubber bands that grocery stores use to wrap asparagus and broccoli. Since these rubber bands have "Organic" printed on them, using them automatically turns my lights into "Organic Illumination Devices!" In turn, this improves my image with the, ummm, environmentally sensitive, progressive-vegetarian demographic. Let's 'em know I'm not just some, uhh, global-warming inducing, violence-prone Neanderthal.

I'm thinking about attaching these ergonomics-enhancing Organic rubber bands to my handguns and assault weapons...

AshA4

Banned

mosport

Enlightened
A punctured mountain bike inner tube fits perfectly over my 3D maglite. Even if you don't have any old ones, a brand new one will only cost you $2 with enough material for several mags.

mattyg

Newly Enlightened
AshA4 said:

Where do you get this stuff?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're limited to Web resources try a vet supply site.
If you can check local sources, you might find it in pet stores or stores that carry pet supplies.
If you have allergies to rubber or latex, this product may cause an allergic reaction.

mattyg said:
Where do you get this stuff?

AshA4

Banned
Yes, what Brighteyez said. I got mine on an impulse purchase at a rural pet supply/lumber yard/stove store (odd combo) but if you have any of the major pet supply chains ie: Petco,Petsmart etc you may find it in there. Heck, even check wally world or walgreens.

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
Skateboard tape would also work and you can get that at almost every bike store. Just don't use it on a pocketlight, it'll wear through your pants pretty quickly. :drool:

Cliff