Streamlight's new products are up on their website.

WDR65

Enlightened
Some neat stuff is being introduced and then there are a few things that don't impress me as much from them. Namely there's a Strion weaponlight system with what looks like "possibly" a click on tailcap. Also there is a 3 watt LED pistol light that looks pretty neat. It also states that these are just the first quarter introductions and maybe there will be others later on. I'm really waiting for a high output rechargable LED light from Streamlight.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
More notably, it looks like two old warhorses for the public safety market, the SL20X and SL35X, have been dropped from their line-up with the SL20x being replaced with the SL20x-LED combo.

WDR65

Enlightened
Yeah, that's another thing I noticed recently. I'm a bit dissapointed with that, so I may just have to go pick up an SL-20 while I still can.

oops, Mods I forgot about the sticky new lights thread. Sorry about that. Please merge this one if that would work better.

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SL-20X-LED is only a few dollars more. I'd be more inclined to go that route. I can see where the LED can be incredibly more useful in some situations than the halogen. (like directing traffic, especially when it's around the freezing point where the battery will only last about 20-30 minutes on the halogen bulb.)

WDR65 said:
Yeah, that's another thing I noticed recently. I'm a bit dissapointed with that, so I may just have to go pick up an SL-20 while I still can.

oops, Mods I forgot about the sticky new lights thread. Sorry about that. Please merge this one if that would work better.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the Night Com.

It's sad that the SL-20X has been discontinued. The SL-20X/LED is a really nice duty-sized light, though...

--dan

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you look on the back of the package, you'll probably see in not so fine print the words "Made In China"? Though quite honestly, I wouldn't put them in the same class as cheap Chinese lights. At least I wouldn't if you've seen some of the "cheap" Chinese lights that I've seen. At the same time, the do bear a resemblence in appearance to some of the Chinese lights that people on this site pay some pretty decent bucks for, though I'd say that the Twin-Task lights appear to be constructed a bit better than the ones being sold directly by the Chinese.

nemul said:
Task-Lights look like cheap chinese lights

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll miss the SL-35X. I haven't used mine in a while (since I standardized on Magchargers) but it's a great light when you need power and battery life. The shorter lights just can't offer that.

You know, this actually means more than just fewer lights in the lineup. It's history. The SL-15, SL-20, and SL-35 were the ones they started out with in the '70s. One reason most of the D-cell light companies were out of business by 1985. The current SL-20X and SL35X models were nearly identical to those early ones, other than an improved switch and charging assembly.

WDR65

Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
The SL-20X-LED is only a few dollars more. I'd be more inclined to go that route. I can see where the LED can be incredibly more useful in some situations than the halogen. (like directing traffic, especially when it's around the freezing point where the battery will only last about 20-30 minutes on the halogen bulb.)

I agree and I like the SL-20X-LED but I wonder how much different the incandescent bulb's runtime is compared to the regular SL-20X as I thought that the LED uses the Ultrastinger's battery pack and there was a larger one for the normal SL-20X. That's the only reason I'd pick up an old one first, plus my local dealer has a ton of them right now.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Sl-20X/LED's sub-c battery stick is rated at 2400MAH. The US's battery stick is 1800MAH.

--dan

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
If you look on the back of the package, you'll probably see in not so fine print the words "Made In China"? Though quite honestly, I wouldn't put them in the same class as cheap Chinese lights. At least I wouldn't if you've seen some of the "cheap" Chinese lights that I've seen. At the same time, the do bear a resemblence in appearance to some of the Chinese lights that people on this site pay some pretty decent bucks for, though I'd say that the Twin-Task lights appear to be constructed a bit better than the ones being sold directly by the Chinese.

they look like nothing more then rebranded chinese lights, that you can get for a lot cheaper.. dont get me wrong I love streamlights other stuff like the TL-2 LED, Strion, etc. but on these task-lights your just paying extra for them to put their name on it.. lmao