BOG 3W vs. P60?

Chris201W

Enlightened
How does the BOG 3W drop-in compare to the P60 LA as far as output (both initial, and after half an hour or so) beam shape, etc.

Beamshots would be nice, but anyone who has experience with both, feel free to describe your impressions.

Thanks!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the BOGs will have different emitters because of the Luxeon lottery, but initially, the P60 will be brighter for sure. After a half hour, it might be getting close. But one thing's for sure, at that two hour point, the BOG will be a heck of a lot brighter than the P60!

icon10.gif

Another very nice feature of the BOG module is you can run it on 2 rechargeable R123 cells since it was designed to be run on either 2 or 3 primary 123 cells. Most 2 123 cell Lux lights cannot be run safely on 2 R123 cells.

My very favorite light has a Lux III BOG module, but the stock star was replaced with a TW0K so it's quite a bit brighter than the stock BOG module I had.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Some body did post beamshots here sometime ago but cannot remember. . .I think the online site Lighthound has beamshots that you can look at.

Chris201W

Enlightened
CHC said:
Some body did post beamshots here sometime ago but cannot remember. . .I think the online site Lighthound has beamshots that you can look at.

Yea, I seem to remember those beamshots. They were against the side of a house or something, right?

rabbit

Newly Enlightened
I have both, I run my BOG on R123 and become my round the house light. 1st 10 minutes P60 wins but after 30 minutes, BOG will be the winner.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Chris201W said:
. . .They were against the side of a house or something, right?

I believe you're right on that. There's been soo many beam shot pics in the past and as of late. Hard to keep track. . ."I'm so confused!"

CLHC

Flashaholic
By Gumm! That's the link Chris201W!

And Yes! The picture of the SureFire P60LA looks to be pretty much "spot" on! Don't have the BOG 3W so can't comment.

Enjoy!

frisco

Enlightened
BOG module HELP needed!

OK..... Let me pull out my rookie card here.... I am able to figure out allot of the stuff that goes on here in CPF and I have learned quite allot. Well put it this way.... I am smart enough to know when something is way over my head! One thing that I keep wondering about is this BOG module. Let me list what I know and don't know about it and if somebody would be so kind and Enlighten a rookie.

Known.... Maybe.

- LED 3 watt
- Regulated
- Drops in/replaces P60 size/dimention
- Can run on (2) 3.7 volt Rcr123's

Unknown

- Other sizes? for E-series Surefire?
- Other outputs? 5 watt?
- Who makes it?
- Who sells it?

Thanks, frisco

CLHC

Flashaholic
Lighthound and BugOutGearUSA sells these replacement lamp assemblies. If I'm not mistaken, I think there is a 5W version to. Don't believe there's one for the SureFire E series, yet.

Enjoy!

frisco

Enlightened
CHC said:
Lighthound and BugOutGearUSA sells these replacement lamp assemblies. If I'm not mistaken, I think there is a 5W version to. Don't believe there's one for the SureFire E series, yet.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the response. I went to the Lighthound site and saw this: G&P 3 Watt Luxeon LED

Is this is what as known as the BOG ????

frisco