Lanyard has baffled me....

nc987

Enlightened
Ok, this just happened 10 minutes ago, but the simplest thing has left me completely confused. To make a long story short, I have a M3T and L6 amongst my various Surefires. Decided tonight I wanted the lanyard that came with the M3T to use on the L6. So i open the M3T box, get the plastic sealed bag the lanyard came in and open it up. I now have a lanyard chord, which has a small ring on it, and the two adjustable tighteners, also on the chord and the clip on part that goes on the small ring(which is on the chord. HOW IN THE HELL DOES THIS FASTEN TO THE FLASHLIGHT!!!!!??????

I was alway under the assumption there was some sort of ring that fit in between the body of the flashlight and the tailcap, and the lanyard clip clipped onto that. My lanyard came with no such ring. Short of tying a knot around this flashlight can someone tell me how the hell this works because I feel like a complete idiot because I cant figure this out.

Protaeus

Enlightened
yeah, that lanyard should come with a lanyard ring which looks like a circular piece of steel with a ding in it which is supposed to go inbetween the flashlight body and the tailcap......Without that, and without a clip, I'd say that you cant really mount the lanyard on.....
The pics on the Surefire website should show everything thats included in the lanyard bag.

nc987

Enlightened
well crap, time to call SureFire I guess, i figured there was a missing part or I had just lost my mind....

CLHC

Flashaholic
nc987 said:
Well crap! Time to call SureFire I guess. I figured there was a missing part or I had just lost my mind. . .

Now I had a chuckle out of that!

Latest posts