costco lights... where are they ?

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been to costco twice and the only lights I have seen are some maglites and some coleman plastic body lights.

Are the led lights available at all stores? what section of the store are they located? I guess I could ask an employee.

Anyone shop the Hoover Al. costco??

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've wondered the same thing. My local Costco used to have several choices but not as of late.

Skyclad01

Enlightened
Same for me here too. I went into my local Costco several months ago after hearing about the Element 2pk and other lights. But when I went there, all they had was the Thor 15mkp, the Mag 2pk (4D & 2AA I believe it was), and about 2 other plastic bodied lights (I think one of them was the coleman) that seemed to be the everyday household kind. And I had even asked a worker, He just told me thats all they had. No signs of the Element 2pk or any LED lights anywhere to be found.

So does stock vary from location to location. Or do the good lights run out of stock that quickly?

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
They had some kind of florescent lantern, made by one of those "outdoors" companies (I forget which), and it *looked* like it was pretty solidly built. But I didn't see any LEDs either.

IonFire

Enlightened
Wonder if there is any connection between this and the new mags coming out soon.

Like clearing out old stock,and maybe being told to hehe.

IF

TBY

Newly Enlightened
Last time I checked (maybe a month ago) they didn't have the good stuff either.

Kusa

Newly Enlightened
Normally when I go to Costco they have flashlights located in either the automotive aisle or the tool aisle. However a week ago when I went they had moved the flashlights to the seasonal area located in the center of the store (I believe Costco follows a general layout in all stores. However if not, flashlights are generally located in the aisles to one side of the store, while seasonal items are in the center of the store. At least in the stores I visit. ) Another factor is that the POS system Costco uses can only hold 2000 items. I say only because in the past I have found that they will shelve an item for the weekend in order to bring down another that they wish to sell over the weekend. After the weekend is over up goes the promotional item (for lack of a better term) and down comes the normal stock. I've no idea if this is still the case, though I have no reason to believe it is not.

And for what it's worth, they did have the 1 watt coast light, small lanterns and a couple of thor lights in stock when I was there a week ago.

Redjam

Newly Enlightened
Skyclad01 said:
Same for me here too. I went into my local Costco several months ago after hearing about the Element 2pk and other lights.

I don't think you will ever find the Element at Costco since it is at Sam's Club. :):):)

Finding the Element 2pk at Sam's Club was an adventure in itself. But I guess that would be a different thread. At Costco you may have to scour any aisles with sports equipment, or tools, or batteries, or auto, to find a particular light you may be looking for, like the Coast tac torch TT7736CP.