What I thought I knew

GWC3

Newly Enlightened
Or, this could be called life before and after cpf. I found cpf after the katrina and gulf coast hurricanes while surfing some of the preparedness sites looking for lessons learned. And I thought I was pretty prepared as the august 2003 northeast blackout got me motivated. But the during the blackout I took the family to my genreator equipped boat (luckily) so didn't get the full lesson of the blackout. So when I linked to cpf from one of the other sites I quickly realized my lighting plans were inadequate. Pre-cpf I was probably better than most as I had minimags in each car, lots of extra alkaline batteries, and 8-10 traditional flashlights of the 2-D and AA variety, including extra bulbs.

Reading cpf I said WOW, my lighting situation was seriously in adequate! That was September last year, now fast forward to now. I'll summarize some of whats changed:
- each car has a L2P and a backup SL scorpion with a spares carrier
- my car has additionally: SF L4 with 2 stage cap, e2o, G2, innova 24/7 and SF spares carrier with spare bulbs and 123's
- both my and wifes nightstand has G2 with P61 bulb
- house flashlights upgraded to various SF and SL lights
- spare batteries now include lithium AA, AAA and 123's, and rechargeable AA/AAA's
- I EDC either L0P, L1P or HDS 60 basic (ARC AAA is on order)

And certainly I am a hooked flashaholic :) You guys are certainly a very bad influence

carrot

Flashaholic
Ready for any situation of "lights-out" does not mean you're prepared for others. Are you? I know I'm not, but I'm working on it.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Living here in California, we've always been encouraged to be "earthquake" ready and with a survival kit for such an anticipated event. The lights, multi-tool, and water part I have covered. But as to the rest, well, like what Carrot alluded to above.

Hmmm. . .