Who had the last laugh?

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
My partners have been giving me the gears about my lighting tool collection, and that I carry so many with me.

However, about 03:30 today, at least one of them was not laughing. We were conducting a ground SAR for missing woman. She & her other half had been drinking and arguing, and supposedly he threw her out, or she bailed out, of the car out in the middle of nowhere about 19:30 last night. He was seen driving around, looking for her, and reported to my partners. After they dealt with him on the drunk driving, out comes his story and the SAR is on.

We were walking through a cow pasture, trying not to trip on patties and frozen lumps. I was using my Pila GL3 with RCR123A 3.6 v, the rest were using their Mag 3 D. The Pila blew away the standard Mags, but my cells got tired, so I had to swap out for my 2nd set of charged cells. One young partner's Mag gave out, so I loaned him my MXDL 3 w 3 AAA while I went back for more lights.

I hauled out my 3 Dorcy 9" LED traffic wands to use as signals, my Mag 3 C with KPR118 bulb & 3 x 18500 cells and my 1.5 m cp no-name searchlight. The MXDL also gave up (- 20 C was a little rough on tired alkalines), so I gave the young guy my Pila and suggested he use the LEDs.

We went for about 0.5 hr more, then gave up until morning light. The young partner was QUITE impressed with the output of both the MXDL and Pila. Now I just have to decide whether to push him towards one or both of those, my Pelican M6 xenon on 2 x RCR123A 3.0 v, a Diamond LED 3 W up-grade to his Mag or the whole shooting match. As well, I may be able to talk some of my other partners that were slogging through the snow this AM into one of these lighting tools!

As far as the missing woman, she apparently showed up, relatively unscathed and almost sober, around 09:30!

Chris201W

Enlightened
carrot said:
Done.

Buuut... had I not seen the thread, would I have seen your post? :shrug:

Hmm, good point. Next time I'll mention it in the story thread.

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
DoubleDutch said:
Good story. Keep up the good work on your partners :).
BTW, which MXDL were you using (1, 2, 3 or 4)? Can its output be compared to other 3watters?

Kees
I am currently trying to generate some interest in the LED Logic Striker VG, as well as Pila GL3, with RCR123A or 16340 cells, or 2 to 3 C Mags with 18500 cells and KPR118 or HR40 or 51 bulbs.

I can't remember the model of the MXDL, but it has the lettering around the bezel (oops, maybe Mag will now sue!) and I bought it from ec_buys (?) on ebay. I just looked, but could not find a listing on his site for it anymore, but may not have looked far enough.

I don't have a lot of room left on my duty belt!