Best tailswitch for MiniMag AA

Melchior

Newly Enlightened
Best as in Cheapest, and most easily available online.

(locally I can't get nuthhin')

Also it must be fairly reliable and not too big (kroll looks too big and rubbery. Its gotta fit in a standard holder lanyard loops arn't needed)

Cheaper is better unless the switch is very unreliable.

So any suggestions? (also it should be compatible with LED upgrades)

greenLED

Flashaholic
If you can wait for a few weeks, the Nite-Ize IQ switch might be your best solution. Other than that, Nite-Ize sells a LED drop-in + tailcap switch combo - although the reliability of that switch has been questioned (it seems to be a RAM switch, which is otherwise known as the POS switch :green: 'round here)

CLHC

Flashaholic
Nothing wrong with the Kroll, since it does fit in the standard holsters that Maglite sells for the Mini Maglite. It's well built I say. . .Of course Your Methods May Vary. But just in case, they can be had from The Sandwich Shoppe (theledguy.com).

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

greenLED

Flashaholic
The kroll is known for accumulating crud, which affects its performance. If you clean all contacts periodically, you won't have much problems.

CLHC

Flashaholic
On my side of the spectrum, I've had no problems whatsoever with the Krolls. I think each one has a distinct personality. At least the ones I have are cooperating with me.

Enjoy!

Melchior

Newly Enlightened
So it might be better to wait a few weeks for that NiteIze IQ switch.

I would assume an electrical switch has a lower impedance and is less likely to get gunked up. I assume the Niteize switch is some kind of SMT switch sealed perhaps in rubber?

Also an electrical switch, would it drain power slowly? (I don't usually keep batteries in the Mag anyhow, I've seen too many Alkalines implode and make a mini chemical spill:sick2:)

greenLED

Flashaholic
The IQ switch has a "find me" locator. It would take several years to completely drain batts if you decide to leave it on (but you can turn that off). ;)

Melchior

Newly Enlightened
Are you shure?

I have not seen anything that says the blinker can be turned off.

I don't really mind the battery drain so much as the actual blinking, which may be annoying/distracting. I would have rathered a battery status indicator...oh well.