Best Online Buying site for Surefre and Night Ops Torches???

hardrock42

Newly Enlightened
I live in the UK, an im looking for a good UK site where I get the cheapest Surefire torch. (Either an 6P, E2e, L4 or L2) OR the aclaimed Gladius Night Ops.
The L4 on http://www.enforce-logic.co.uk/surefire2.htm sells for around £125 ($219) alot higher than the US pay. Furhthermore, ive seen US Gladius Night Ops on www.ebay.co.uk on sale for around $180,(£103!!!) however Im uncertain over the shipping costs and tax once it enters the country! Any sudgestions for a cheap RELIABLE UK site which sells Surefires on par to the US prices??

My second dilemma is the torch to choose. Its definitley either a Surefire or Gladius. However, the Gladius is very expensive, and Surefire's dont seem to have anything of 65 lumen output which lasts over an hour! (well none below £100!). Ive seen, and come to love the surefire beams, however the L4 only lasts an hour and is LED :) , the 6P may be cheap, but it to only lasts an hour and is incandecent!:thumbsdow Can anybody solve my problem? Please! Can one tell me which torch to choose? and where to go for the best deal?

(the torch will be used for Piercing through Fog, Sleet and Heavy snowt (on holidays!) ... Hiking, Pot holeing, self defence and general "admin")

sideswipe

Newly Enlightened
Have you thought about the Inova T4, or other T series lights?

I have used enforce logic and would thoroughly recommend them - fantastic service!

Delvance

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF :grin2:

Try www.opticshq.com
There is a $5 membership fee, but after becoming a member, i believe the prices are much better, a CPF discount and also a first purchase discount i believe. I'll let a member confirm though hehe.

Oh have you considered getting rechargeables for your light ? Save a pretty penny on the long run! :)

hardrock42

Newly Enlightened
Well... thank you for the advice. Additional funding (split cost for my birthday hehe) has enabled me to get my Gladius. It is the best I feel, and the battery life of it would prove far economicaly superior to buying new batteries every hour for a SureFire. AND it has an adjustable beam brightness! Just bought my Gladius of ebay. :) yeay! for a suprising $212. I dunno if thats allot for the US however its nearly 1/2 price for one in the UK! (thats including a extra secure delivery). Thanks again for the comments. I'd be intreseted to hear your views. (I dont mind being wrong, if you can call buying a gladius a bad move that is!)

CLHC

Flashaholic
Hello and Welcome. . .

Again just to reiterate what Delvance said regarding OpticsHQ. Also, noticed your usage for "piercing fog" part. Would like to know how the Gladius in its LED format does in that regard when you receive it.

Enjoy!

hardrock42

Newly Enlightened
Sure will CHC... got a night hike in a few weeks! Up Snowdon in Wales... ill try the gladius without a filter and then with a red/blue filter, (i heard SF ones work on it? any cheaper ones around??)... I'll try and write a review of the thing (when it arrives!) a few weeks after ive used it for my purposes of course!

carrot

Flashaholic
On the OpticsHQ discount thing, take a look at greenLED's "CPF specials" thread. Link is in my sig.