Storacell

Thread: I need a holster that fits a Fenix L1P with a multitool

Flashaholic

Default I need a holster that fits a Fenix L1P with a multitool

sorry for the long post but:

does anyone know of a flashlight/multitool combo holster that will hold both a Fenix L1P and leatherman supertool together? im having trouble finding one that especially will fit the fenix. it seems to be that the fenix's waist distance around is 1/4 an inch fatter than the minimag so it won't fit most holsters made for minimags by a bit. although the diameter is only 1/8 of an inch big. i tried a ripoffs one today that had says the barrel(which is what exactly?) is 1 inch but no luck. im looking to go and maybe try out a nite ize pock-its but i think the holster is also made to fit the minimag. anyone know of one that will fit?

Default Re: I need a holster that fits a Fenix L1P with a multitool

My ChargeXTi holster will hold pretty much any size light in that range. It's elastic or something, I guess..
    I love my Al-PD

Quote Originally Posted by ACMarina
    My ChargeXTi holster will hold pretty much any size light in that range. It's elastic or something, I guess..
    I wouldn't do that if i were you, it snapped the elastic in my charge ti holter, i now am going to get a maxpedition to put my multitoo along with everything else.
    All started with a streamlight keymate...CPF, NOW LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!...embarking on the journey for a real light...better than surefire ...making pathetic attempt searching for the ultimate aa cough-cree cough cough ion cough

Flashaholic

i don't want to do elastic because the fenix has no way of hanging onto the elastic. i rather keep both the multi tool and flashlight in a pouch like holster

Flashaholic

does anyone have the maxpedition double sheath? looks like it will work for me. are both sides of equal size? will the flashlight side(if there is one) be big enough to hold a flashlight that has a waist distance of 2.5 inches and a diameter of ~3/4 in?

Flashaholic*

I have a Maxpedition double sheath that I bought for a similar purpose. The two sides are the same, and the flaps are adjustable (to a certain extent) to handle larger objects.

One thing is, it's seriously overbuilt. Would be perfect for a duty belt or web gear, but for regular folks IMHO it may be a bit much (looks like a magazine pouch).

Did you take a look at the Rip-Off's?

Oh, just re-read your question. I don't have any of the Fenix's, but if it"s a 1x123 there's a good chance it'll swallow the whole thing.
    Last edited by InFlux; 02-26-2006 at 12:08 AM.
    McCree XR-19C | Ti PD UVIJ | PD-UX1K | 27LT X-Cree Mod | Ti- ExoLion #14 | Aleph 3 WWOT | Milkyspit L1 | TnC: HyperLux V's, KeyLux N-Cell/AAA's | Orb RAW U-bin | Space Needle II Clone's | Surefire: 622, Nice and Green L2 Hotwires: HA-III Mag11 | Cmaccel Finned HA-III ROP 550/1300

Flashaholic

actually the fenix is a AA and it wont fit in at all. strange but true. why does the nite ize pock-its fit the inova but not the fenix? or are all these sheath sites BSing everyone?

I'd guess that 90% or more of generally available small light holders are designed to hold the mini-mag. It was not very long ago that was about the only choice.

I bought a mini-mag leather holster and made it fit by soaking it in warm water and forceing my L2P in it. Let it dry for a day or two and it should retain it's shape. You may want to put a split ring in the lanyard holes to keep it from falling out the bottom.

Flashaholic

thanks for all the reply's guys. today, i went over to the local surplus store and they had a tripe gun magazine holder. it was big enough to fit all the tools i wanted into it. Its made by BBC in the US and i got the one for the 15 round magazines(for the ones wanting to get one too)

I'm also looking for something that will hold a 6P+new KL3 head and my Gerber multitool.

Flashaholic

hows this?
    http://www.ripoffs.com/datasheets/co145/co145.html
    don't absolutely count on it fitting though. the slot for the minimag on the ripoffs for the one i tried to fit the fenix on was a pretty tight fit

Flashaholic

Have a look at the Niteize Pock-Its or more likely the Pockits - Xl or even the Multi-Pock its

I have the Pock-Its, and it wont take a Surefire L4 but the XL version should

www.niteize.com

I use the Nite-Ize Pock-Its for my L1P and LM New Wave without any problems

It won't fit the SF e-series though

Try RipOffs or Vessleatherworks.com. Both might have what you're looking for in a clean nylon or leather package. However, +1 to the Maxpedition pouches. I've used these to carry everything from knives, to lights, to multitools, spare mags, grilling spices , and more. But, definitey a "tactical" nylon product.