I need a holster that fits a Fenix L1P with a multitool

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
sorry for the long post but:

does anyone know of a flashlight/multitool combo holster that will hold both a Fenix L1P and leatherman supertool together? im having trouble finding one that especially will fit the fenix. it seems to be that the fenix's waist distance around is 1/4 an inch fatter than the minimag so it won't fit most holsters made for minimags by a bit. although the diameter is only 1/8 of an inch big. i tried a ripoffs one today that had says the barrel(which is what exactly?) is 1 inch but no luck. im looking to go and maybe try out a nite ize pock-its but i think the holster is also made to fit the minimag. anyone know of one that will fit?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
My ChargeXTi holster will hold pretty much any size light in that range. It's elastic or something, I guess..

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
ACMarina said:
My ChargeXTi holster will hold pretty much any size light in that range. It's elastic or something, I guess..
I wouldn't do that if i were you, it snapped the elastic in my charge ti holter, i now am going to get a maxpedition to put my multitoo along with everything else.

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
i don't want to do elastic because the fenix has no way of hanging onto the elastic. i rather keep both the multi tool and flashlight in a pouch like holster

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
does anyone have the maxpedition double sheath? looks like it will work for me. are both sides of equal size? will the flashlight side(if there is one) be big enough to hold a flashlight that has a waist distance of 2.5 inches and a diameter of ~3/4 in?

InFlux

Enlightened
I have a Maxpedition double sheath that I bought for a similar purpose. The two sides are the same, and the flaps are adjustable (to a certain extent) to handle larger objects.

One thing is, it's seriously overbuilt. Would be perfect for a duty belt or web gear, but for regular folks IMHO it may be a bit much (looks like a magazine pouch).

Did you take a look at the Rip-Off's?

Oh, just re-read your question. I don't have any of the Fenix's, but if it"s a 1x123 there's a good chance it'll swallow the whole thing. :grin2:

Last edited:

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
actually the fenix is a AA and it wont fit in at all. strange but true. why does the nite ize pock-its fit the inova but not the fenix? or are all these sheath sites BSing everyone?

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd guess that 90% or more of generally available small light holders are designed to hold the mini-mag. It was not very long ago that was about the only choice.

ackbar

Enlightened
I bought a mini-mag leather holster and made it fit by soaking it in warm water and forceing my L2P in it. Let it dry for a day or two and it should retain it's shape. You may want to put a split ring in the lanyard holes to keep it from falling out the bottom.

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
thanks for all the reply's guys. today, i went over to the local surplus store and they had a tripe gun magazine holder. it was big enough to fit all the tools i wanted into it. Its made by BBC in the US and i got the one for the 15 round magazines(for the ones wanting to get one too)

dg

Newly Enlightened
Have a look at the Niteize Pock-Its or more likely the Pockits - Xl or even the Multi-Pock its

I have the Pock-Its, and it wont take a Surefire L4 but the XL version should

www.niteize.com

KahveOrta

Newly Enlightened
I use the Nite-Ize Pock-Its for my L1P and LM New Wave without any problems

It won't fit the SF e-series though

TacticalGrilling

Newly Enlightened
Try RipOffs or Vessleatherworks.com. Both might have what you're looking for in a clean nylon or leather package. However, +1 to the Maxpedition pouches. I've used these to carry everything from knives, to lights, to multitools, spare mags, grilling spices ;), and more. But, definitey a "tactical" nylon product.