Question about modding a MiniMag 2AA....

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a pic in another thread (can't remember which one) that showed a 2AA minimag body with a D sized head on it. How did they do that? Adaptor? I have the TerraLux TLE-5 Ministar2 new high dome in mine right now. Are the C and D heads the same size? If not, I think the C sized head would be better on it.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
The C and D heads are the same external size, but of course there's more mass on the C head due to the more narrow body.

I've seen that pic of the AA body with the C/D sized head... Maybe it was Cy that had one? I think there was an adapter made in limited numbers.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Minimag's thread is a multi-start thread... skilled machining required to make that head adapter, so if you want one and can still get it from Fivemega I'd have to say go for it now.

Makarov

Enlightened
I've got an Nexgen adapter, and it's nice. Beware that you have to have a new-style C-head, as an old-style won't fit. I got hold of an old-style C-head and had to have it "doctored" to fit. I've added a UCL™ lens and a medium stipple reflector from LightEdge. I'm using it on a MM with a TL-3 kit.
I'm also going to test it with a smooth reflector to see if I'm more happy with the throw. I have also tested it with an oldstyle TLE-5 that I got and I think I'm going for smooth reflector there as well.

I'm also going to get the whole setup andonized for a more uniform look.