• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: FluPIC-ES for Aleph Series Lights *SOLD OUT*

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm am building custom ALEPH ES-CAN modules with the FluPIC board. As a part of this service, you can request for a custom UI like BURST -> LOW -> STROBE or some other combination you can think of. Please PM me to talk about the feasibility though.

I won't go into the details of that this is for but you can search on the forums for the Aleph series lights.

On level 3/20, I measured around 80ma
On level 15/20, 500ma
On burst, 1A

For $60, you get a ES-CAN all potted with thermal expoxy and a TWOH emitter. Custom programming is included in the price as well.

Edit: Please add $5 for shipping to anywhere. Delivery confirmation can be added but at a high price. I can not be responsible for lost goods!

*Lead time is about a week but may drop to 2-3 days if it gains popularity*

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Re: FS: FluPIC-ES for Aleph Series Lights

Ho Hey Mai O Mai! Way to go on them FluPic for the Aleph Series Goldserve!

I'll keep this in mind when I settle on an Aleph soon!

Enjoy!

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

The aleph is cool!! How about a Aleph 1 and a 2 x cr123 body using a 17670 of course...long and bright!

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Goldserve,

Great work there!

After studying your pictures i noticed one thing that i would recommend you to do.If a McR27 or McR38 is to be used with this setup i would recommend you to use some Nailpolish on the solder points.That is because the Aluminum Aleph1 and Aleph3 Reflectors does not sit on top of the emitter they go all the way over them resting at the bottom.Which may cause in a short if the Reflector touches the points at both sides.

If this is something you have already done,i am sorry for this post.
IT is not my intention to make you look bad.
I just wanted you to know this,it will save you al lot of trouble if the emitters starts to Fry.

:wave:
Keep up the good work,
Benny

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great job Goldserve !

I got my custom alternating-strobe FluPIC and it looks great.
I'm currently making a "can" to fit it in Arc Heads.

Cheers !!

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks MorpheusT1 for letting me know that is the case.

Also, I would like to thank CroMAGnet for giving me the motivation to provide the Aleph-ES to you guys and patiently being my lab rat as I try some things out. :thumbsup:

alauda

Enlightened

Per PM.

Please put me down for 2.

Could you please PM your PayPal and cost of shipping to UK

Great work

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast

dang... this sort of makes 'what surefire KL head should I get' questions rediculous ;)

awesome... hopefully my Jil Intelli will come today! :D goldserve... u rule

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

I should note that this works very well with surefire's z57 tail cap for the E2L. A twisty is a little harder to operate and as CroMAGnet found out, a two stage aleph switch is just wasting power.

Do not hesitate to contact me about dumbing down the interface to your liking. It's like mix and match..that simple.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not a problem. $20 for normal sammie sized PCB and $25 for PCB + custom programming. I hope you feel comfortable about soldering and modding cause it takes a little to get it in . Nothing a modder can't handle though =P

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can you point me to the specs of the FluPIC please. :)

Ned-L

Enlightened

Goldserve,

How would your FluPIC-ES work with my Aleph19, TXOH, MCR91, Wiz2 520ma, 7.5 ohm FT? Would I need to replace the two stage switch to avoid wasting power and what would I replace it with? Does this FluPIC have the same programming capabilities as the FluPIC for the JIL Intelli? I am using 17670s in the A19, it would be pretty cool to be able to make it brighter when I wanted more brightness! It seems like burst mode with the A19 would be a real wall of light!

Ned

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Flupic ES will work perfectly in your setup.

You have a few options to fix your tailcap.

1. Buy a used SF Z57 tail cap. They are really nice with momentary and clickly on.

2. Buy a whole new switch from the shoppe without a resistor.

3. Depending on your switch type, you can get a blank PCB and install 0-ohm resistors and basically short it out.

I am no expert in all the Aleph series parts so someone please correct me or add to this. thanks!

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

I'd be in for a complete assembly but I'm VERY concerned about Morpheus's post regarding 27 and 38mm reflectors. I was planning on using it with a Aleph3 (38mm) head and a Chop custom (with McR16) that takes Aleph LEs. Please let me know if there is a revision made to insure against emitter shorting with the larger reflectors, if so please send me a PM and I'm sold on one.

Thanks!

Ned-L

Enlightened

goldserve said:
The Flupic ES will work perfectly in your setup.

You have a few options to fix your tailcap.

1. Buy a used SF Z57 tail cap. They are really nice with momentary and clickly on.

2. Buy a whole new switch from the shoppe without a resistor.

3. Depending on your switch type, you can get a blank PCB and install 0-ohm resistors and basically short it out.

I am no expert in all the Aleph series parts so someone please correct me or add to this. thanks!
I like the idea of the SF Z57 tail cap, but I am guessing that I won't find one in polished aluminum?

So, as my A19 is polished aluminum, I am guessing that the easiest approach would be to by a new switch without a resistor? Does anyone know what I should look for from the shoppe and how much it costs?

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

I did take Morpheus's advice and put some nail polish (sparkly kind...:) )

If that still worries you, why not put a piece of tape on the back side of the reflector? Use a knife and cut a hole for the emitter and leave the rest covering the metal?

How do other people get around this problem? It is not the design of the flupic or anything like that. Seems to be a design problem of the way the es-can and the reflector meets...

Lunarmodule said:
I'd be in for a complete assembly but I'm VERY concerned about Morpheus's post regarding 27 and 38mm reflectors. I was planning on using it with a Aleph3 (38mm) head and a Chop custom (with McR16) that takes Aleph LEs. Please let me know if there is a revision made to insure against emitter shorting with the larger reflectors, if so please send me a PM and I'm sold on one.

Thanks!

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ned-L said:
I like the idea of the SF Z57 tail cap, but I am guessing that I won't find one in polished aluminum?

So, as my A19 is polished aluminum, I am guessing that the easiest approach would be to by a new switch without a resistor? Does anyone know what I should look for from the shoppe and how much it costs?

Maybe you can get someone to strip the HA from a SF tail cap...

Sorry I don't know anything more about your tail cap options. What are you using now? Maybe it is as simple as taking it out and shorting the resistor on the board already...

trivergata

Enlightened

soldering is no problem - If I can do my dorcy board to a homemade ARC board, I should be fine.
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107435

Can you make this work for a 2xR123 setup? I really hope so, otherwise I have to build a new light around it (like I really mind that!

What I would like as far as custom programing is multi-level, remember which level it was last on for turn on and a strobe set to the max amps and a faster than normal rate - any suggestions how fast? I'm wanting it to be a disorenting tool, like the gladius or whatever it is that is used the same way.

Josh