HDS EDC to the Rescue or Reason #6 Why You Should Always Have A Light.

cslinger

Enlightened
My wife and I went to some friends on Saturday for a little wine and munchies party and while there they were putting their one year old to bed. Well the little guys nightlight was broken and they had no substitutes so he was not happy to say the least. I offer them my HDS EDC.

We set it to the primary 8 hour setting at about 2200 hours. They said that come 0830 the next morning it was still going strong.

So I get this in an email this morning.

"I plan on being there tomorrow, so I'll bring your flashlight back to you…thanks for helping Noah keep the monsters away!"

How cool is that. So yet another reason to carry a flashlight, to keep the monsters away. :D

Thought the rest of you geeks, and I say that with love, would appreciate this.

The HDS lights are really amazing little one cell lights. They would have been science fiction 10 years ago.

tron3

Banned
cslinger said:
How cool is that. So yet another reason to carry a flashlight, to keep the monsters away. :D

Thought the rest of you geeks, and I say that with love, would appreciate this.

The HDS lights are really amazing little one cell lights. They would have been science fiction 10 years ago.

I got lights just because of the monsters. :sweat:

Also true the "science fiction" factor makes them awesome lights to own.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Good story but you broke rule #7....

Rule 7: Never, under any circumstances, leave your HDS behind.

Section7:1A (Subsection X:4)This implies for all the above and not limited to leaving your HDS behind for a kids nightlight to keep the monsters away.

Penalty: Carry your HDS with you one full day, with no battery in it.....

:lolsign:

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good story!
I was just at a photography expo and during one of the presentations I wanted to take some notes. While I expected them to dim the lights for the slideshow I didn't think they would turn them completely off! It was nice to be able to set the EDC to it's lowest setting and take notes without disturbing others.

Blazer

Enlightened
PoliceScannerMan said:
Good story but you broke rule #7....

Rule 7: Never, under any circumstances, leave your HDS behind.

Section7:1A (Subsection X:4)This implies for all the above and not limited to leaving your HDS behind for a kids nightlight to keep the monsters away.

Penalty: Carry your HDS with you one full day, with no battery in it.....

:lolsign:

A TRUE flashaholic would have more than just the HDS EDC on his person so leaving one behind, while not the optimum situation, would not leave him in the dark so to speak...:crackup:

nethiker

Enlightened
Why you should always have a light.

#6. To keep the mosters away.

That's great. I'd like to hear some other reasons. How about-

#10 To brighten your day.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story!

I've used my HDS as a nightlight for my daughter a lot when we're away from home, it's a lot better than most comercial night-lights for toddlers and just a tad more expensive.... ;)On the dimmest setting it allows me to check on her without turning on the lights and she doesn't like being left in a totaly dark room.

It is also great as a bathtub toy for babies/kids, but I'm a bit worried about my daughters teeth (just 2 yet..) because she gnaws on the HA.. :)

magic79

Enlightened
Nice!

My U60 has come in handy for several incidents like this. Only...I sold it to my shooting buddy until my U85/U85XR (when that gets straightened out) gets here. I miss it...but he made me an offer I couldn't refuse!

dtsoll

Enlightened
Great Story cslinger!!
If I could only have one light, my U60XRGT would be the one I would keep. It has to be the most versatile light ever made to date!! I liked the first one so much I had to have another:) Doug:)