USL bumper stickers!

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
The project is complete, and I have them. Each USL shipping out will also have a bumper sticker in it.

Some are Black, some are Red I think, though I haven't run across the reds yet.

You will get what comes up as I pack them. If you want another color, try to trade. (I don't really need anything else to keep track of!)

These are provided free of charge, but a donation to Lightlust, the designer, would be GREATLY appreciated. Something along the lines of $3.00 would be appropriate, I would think.

I'll ask him to post to this thread for more info.

Bill

lightlust

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Bill!

As Bill mentioned, he has stickers from me, one for each person getting a USL. (Scroll down to bottom for donation button.)

Bill has been most kind to toss one in with each USL as they are shipped.

I got the idea for the stickers after CroMAGnet made a comment just after I joined the USL club. CroMAGnet also contributed greatly by buying the WWW.FLASHAHOLIC.NET domain that's listed on the stickers; soon it will be a great homage to the USL!

These are computer-cut all weather adhesive vinyl decals, not the average bumper sticker. I told the printer to give me his best, and I was surprised at the delightful quality of these.

Here's one on the side of a computer:
cac_usl.jpg

They require a little care to apply, for those who are not familiar with them:
1. Clean the surface or car bumper. I used alcohol to clean, and it has the added bonus of removing adhesive-killing moisture.
2. Keep a pair of tweezers, some tape, a small squeegee, and a rag handy. I used a plastic credit card as a squeegee; it's just the right size.
3. The vinyl letters are "sandwiched" between two layers of paper: a wax backing sheet and a semi-transparent transfer sheet, through which you can see the letters.
4. Align the sticker carefully, using the sticker itself as the guide - NOT the paper! Remember, the paper will be gone when we are done. Peel back the wax paper backing on the right hand side a little, and tape the right-hand edge of the transfer sheet onto the surface. Make sure your alignment is good.
5. Using the credit card or squeegee, slooooowly press the letters into place with your right hand while peeling away the wax paper backing with your left hand. Here's where the tweezers may be helpful: On occasion, the wax paper backing sticks slightly in smaller diameter cuts. Tweezers are the best for getting it off. (Actually, if your hand is very steady, you can completely remove the wax paper all at once and then squeegee the letters down.)
6. Once the letters are down, use the rag to firmly rub them onto the surface. This will remove any air bubbles and firmly set the adhesive.
7. Remove the transfer sheet, going from left to right, very sloooowly --- be sure to remove it by holding its edge against the surface as you pull, not at an angle.
8. Rub your letters down once more with care after inspecting them, and your USL club membership is there for everyone to see!

Of course, the color of your car or bumper shows through the letters. I'll post a picture of one on my dark bumper. I LOVE the fact that a black sticker on my dark bumper is stealthy, just like its namesake - The Ultimate Stealth Light!

On that note, most of the stickers going out from Bill are black. Some are red. I have more of each, and a few white ones.

Please don't bother Bill if you need a different color, or you've accidentally mangled yours. Just PM me and I'll take care of it. He's already got his hands full, and has been most kind in his support of this effort simply by taking the precious time to pack a sticker in with each USL.

Meanwhile, if you are happy with the sticker, please consider donating $3.00 for it by clicking on the button below. The stickers are already paid for by me, and most are already delivered to Bill. Like the USL, this was an effort in the product itself.

Of course, if you want want more, use the same button below and indicate the color(s) and quantity you desire. The choices are red or black, and I have a few white ones.

While I am certain more can be obtained in different colors and even "reversed" if you want to apply one to the inside of a window, I don't know what I'd be charged for another run. (I gave the printer an ORB Raw while buying him a beer to sweeten this deal!) Just PM me if you want something custom and I'll find out the cost.

Regards to the rest of the USL Club,
V. (aka lightlust)

Last edited:

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
ppsign.gif
for 2 black ones and a red one. Great idea. Even greater idea - a whole variety of bumper/window stickers, smaller ones too for things other than bumpers.

lightlust

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to:
JimH (2 black and 1 red going out tomorrow)
Garsea (1 red going out tomorrow)
lampare (pm sent for color preference on your 2)

JimH ... Hmmm ... good idea on that sticker variety thing ... :sssh:

Last edited:

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
lightlust said:
T
JimH ... Hmmm ... good idea on that sticker variety thing ... :sssh:
Maybe have a contest to get some novel designs. You be the sole judge, and the top 4 or 5 designs get some free stickers.

People could slap stickers on their "all look alike" luggage when traveling.

Another idea - expand the line to CPF business cards:
------------------------------------------------
Jim Hodges

Professional Consultant

High End and Custom Flashlight Design and Production

Phone: 999-999-9999

Email: jim_hodges@whatever_isp.com

International Trade Group Affiliation: CPF
Web site: www.CandlepowerForums.com
-----------------------------------------------

"Professional Consultant High End and Custom Flashlight Production" - did you ever offer an opinion on the features of a flashlight?

Business card needs some formatting, but it could be used to get you into the SHOT show. Just register as an "industrial professional".

lightlust

Newly Enlightened
Cool ideas JimH!

If anyone wants to submit a USL sticker design, I will be happy to have it produced if it passes muster. Be warned: I usually use two bottles of "judging fluid" (also called beer) before passing artistic judgement! :laughing:

Meanwhile, thanks for donating, chasm22!

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think your market would expand considerably if you opened it up to include all kind of portable lighting implements and the people who buy them - not just limit to USL.