looking to add to my collection

de177

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday was my first post I have a couple of lights mag charger,stream light 3cxp.strion, and a couple of 1 watters. I'm looking to add a new light I'm looking for a surefire but not sure which one. I'm looking to spend under a 100..
Thanks

CLHC

Flashaholic
There'll be lots of recommendations for that one. You can start off with the SureFire G2 or SF.6P, or even the SureFire 9P. Besides, as you may already know, check out the Dealers section on CPF and look for OpticsHQ. They have the best prices for SureFires among others, and offer a CPF discount. That way, you can get at least a light with some accessories for under $100.00. Depending what you settle on buying of course.

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like you might want to look into a nice Lux III or Lux V light... For Surefires, it will probably cost beyond your $100 budget. The E1L or E2L are just over $100 and the very popular L4 is quite a bit more than $100.

There are also some decent alternatives to Surefire. The Streamlight TL-3 LED is kinda sorta comparable to the L4, but longer and the Pelican Lux III HA light (M6 2390) is well regarded by many members. Both of these are available for under $100. My current favorite light is a 2 cell Vital Gear with a modded BOG Lux III module... This could be duplicated for about $100 though I wasn't stellarly impressed with the output of the stock module. And lots of folks like the Inova X03 and T3 lights.

But... is there a specific role you'd like the new light to fill? Do you have a nice pocketable 'EDC' light already?

de177

Newly Enlightened
I carry my strion for work hvac tech. and the river rock 2aaa when I'm not working
I'm looking for something bright and compact

carrot

Flashaholic
From OpticsHQ, you could get any E series light -- for $100 or less. Actually, you could get any incandescent 2-cell Surefire, or a 9P.

I'd recommend the E2e or a C2. The 6P isn't such a bad choice either, but it is possibly too similar to the Strion, except it's not rechargeable.

If you get an E2e, later you can convert it into an E2L or L4 with a KL1 or KL4 head, respectively. The C2 could be turned into an L5 with a KL5 head.

Numbers

Enlightened
Yep What Carrot said.
Go and become a member of OpticsHQ, then you will see their reduced prices and it makes you feel better. It took me a while to get over the sticker shock of the price of a decent light. But if you want a decent light you gotta pay for it. And the longer you are into this the easier it becomes. When I frst started it would have been unthinkable to drop $260 on a light and some accessories but I did just that today at Optics HQ and Lighthound.
It was, ooh, eeeeeasy!