Battery Junction - Olight

Thread: Mag Mod 4 X Luxeon V (Update I)

Default Mag Mod 4 K2 (Update II) 10/15/06

Just two pics for the moment, i am waiting for my new camera for take better pics, the Mod is ready but not finish...

Inova T2

Left Mag Mod 4 X Luxeon V, Right Inova T2...

Ok, a couples months later of use this magmod was update with 4 Luxeon K2 Pw14, four 17mm reflector and a mineral glass, very throw by the way.

Some Pics

First i put the K2 in the stars but the tailcap dont fit right

I take out the stars and glued with some Artic Ceramic Lumina

The two Fatman inside, i have to find a better way to put in

This mag was a 5D some time ago, i cut to hold inside 4 18650 2 by side

Here you can see the size

Front Pics

Beamshoots around 30 feets, camera in normal shoot

Beamshoots around 30 feets, camera in normal shoot Inova T4

Beamshoots around 30 feets, camera in normal shoot Quad K2

Beamshoots around 30 feets, camera in night shoot

Beamshoots around 30 feets, camera in night shoot T4

Beamshoots around 30 feets, camera in night shoot Quad K2
    Last edited by Changchung; 10-17-2006 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Update
    Zebralight Spark Princeton Inova Petzl Maglite Bushnell 4 XM-L MagMod and a lot of Cree XM-L Lights Nitecore i4 Intellicharger Intl-outdoor 3400 Panasonic 3100 Bare and protected Samsung 3000 Sanyo 2600
    Please, respect the planet, dont kill animals...

Default Re: Mag Mod 4 X Luxeon V

awesome! this is the mod I want to do... 4 LuxV... i'm still trying to figure out battery options and driving options...

what board are you using? looking forward to further pics of your light! VERY interested!

ps

what optics/reflectors are you using?
    Last edited by jar3ds; 03-02-2006 at 11:05 AM.

Nice! I see you're almost done! What did you end up using for optics/etc?

Whats your battery config?

Quote Originally Posted by jar3ds
    awesome! this is the mod I want to do... 4 LuxV... i'm still trying to figure out battery options and driving options...

what board are you using? looking forward to further pics of your light! VERY interested!

ps

what optics/reflectors are you using?
    I finish today the carrier to the 4 18650 Ion, with this bateries i suppose have 1.5 Hours runtime time, with 5D Alkalines like 4 Hours and with rechargables D 10000 mha 3 Hours, i have to test that when i finish the Mod, i am runing the Luxeon with a Fatman for two Luxeon in serie and i am using 4 Lens 15°. I find in a store close to my house a cheap key flashligh with a good optic, i post pics later, that is good option to test to...
    Zebralight Spark Princeton Inova Petzl Maglite Bushnell 4 XM-L MagMod and a lot of Cree XM-L Lights Nitecore i4 Intellicharger Intl-outdoor 3400 Panasonic 3100 Bare and protected Samsung 3000 Sanyo 2600

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacHayes
    Nice! I see you're almost done! What did you end up using for optics/etc?
    Hi Isaac, i am using Lens, but maybe i use optics too, i want to test i keep with the best option...
    Last edited by Changchung; 03-02-2006 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rommul
    Whats your battery config?
    I have this two option to use, i dont cut the Maglite...

Long run time with the D Bateries but high weight, ligh weight with Ion but less run time...
    Last edited by Changchung; 03-02-2006 at 01:24 PM.

Aren't those D batteries 5,000 not 50,000 mah! Also, did you know there are 11,000 mah D batteries out too?

I'm not sure what you mean by "lens". Lens is the front glass of a flashlight. A reflector is metal cone, and you know what an optic is. Not sure what you are using.. I will find out when you post pictures!

Keep up the good work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Changchung
    I have this two option to use, i dont cut the Maglite...

Long run time with the D Bateries but high weight, ligh weight with Ion but less run time...
    Cool thanks for the response.

It would be cool if you had a USL type adapter that would eliminate the magswitch (don't have prob with the switch it just takes up so much space).

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacHayes
    Aren't those D batteries 5,000 not 50,000 mah! Also, did you know there are 11,000 mah D batteries out too?
    Those are powerizer C cells (I assume since they are rated at 5000mah).

Much better to carry 5C's in a 4d than to lug a 5D mag around.

Edit to change typo
    Last edited by Rommul; 03-03-2006 at 03:43 PM.

Flashaholic*

Those are powerizer C cells (I assume since they are rated at 500mah).

C cells rated at 500mah?? shouldnt they be like 5000mah??
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by thesurefire
    C cells rated at 500mah?? shouldnt they be like 5000mah??
    Typo

Those are powerizer C cells (I assume since they are rated at 5000mah).

Edit to change typo
    Is 5 D 10000 mah each...

Quote Originally Posted by Changchung
    Is 5 D 10000 mah each...
    My bad.

I am a pretty big guy and I don't like carrying my 4D around at all. I can't imagine carrying a 5D

Some updates pics, soon beamshoots...

simply amazing! I love this mod so much... I can't wait to start my own! What kind of run times do you get with it ? Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Default Re: Mag Mod 4 X Luxeon V (Update I)

Thats crazy. Nice work.
    LED's impress but Incans satisfy

Thanks... Let me do the run time test and i post it...

simply amazing! I love this mod so much... I can't wait to start my own! What kind of run times do you get with it ? Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

what electronics are you using in this puppy? and take your time on the runtime test... i can't wait to start building... i keep getting my attention moved to other projects

I think he mentioned using two Fatman drivers driving two Lux Vs in series each.

I've been waiting to build one of these excellent lights for some time now. The only part I still need is George's new Fatflex driver. I can't see using this without dimming capability and I don't really like the external pot option as much as the single button menu like the nFlex.

I was planning one using two Li-ion 'D's or two of AW's protected li-ion 'C's if they are available when the Fatflex comes out.

Excellent work, Changchung. It's amazing that even in your close-up beamshot that the beams all blend together. It looks like one emitter source.
    If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

Bill

Hi, i am using two Fatman dor two Luxeon V wired in serie...

what electronics are you using in this puppy? and take your time on the runtime test... i can't wait to start building... i keep getting my attention moved to other projects

Thanks my friend, that is right, the light look like a single INCREDIBLE Led... I have a doubt about the Fatflex, this circuit is like the fatman but with dimmer? or is a driver who can i connect to my Fatman to do this feature???

Quote Originally Posted by wtraymond
    I think he mentioned using two Fatman drivers driving two Lux Vs in series each.

I've been waiting to build one of these excellent lights for some time now. The only part I still need is George's new Fatflex driver. I can't see using this without dimming capability and I don't really like the external pot option as much as the single button menu like the nFlex.

I was planning one using two Li-ion 'D's or two of AW's protected li-ion 'C's if they are available when the Fatflex comes out.

Excellent work, Changchung. It's amazing that even in your close-up beamshot that the beams all blend together. It looks like one emitter source.

Ok, a couples months later of use this magmod was update with 4 Luxeon K2 Pw14, four 17mm reflector and a mineral glass, very throw by the way.

Some Pics

First i put the K2 in the stars but the tailcap dont fit right

I take out the stars and glued with some Artic Ceramic Lumina

The two Fatman inside, i have to find a better way to put in

This mag was a 5D some time ago, i cut to hold inside 4 18650 2 by side

Here you can see the size

Front Pics

Beamshot coming soon...

Changchung, if you use a thinner HS you can go with IMS20 or McR20 which produce a much tighter beam and nicer spill.

As for putting 2x fatman inside a MagD it's no problem at all. You can do the 180 degree opposite each other or if you have the patience double stack and provide sufficient heatsink on the opposite ends.

I manage to put 2x fatman and 1x nFlex inside a MagD head (stock) in the Sephiroth a while back using the same method mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by modamag
    Changchung, if you use a thinner HS you can go with IMS20 or McR20 which produce a much tighter beam and nicer spill.

As for putting 2x fatman inside a MagD it's no problem at all. You can do the 180 degree opposite each other or if you have the patience double stack and provide sufficient heatsink on the opposite ends.

I manage to put 2x fatman and 1x nFlex inside a MagD head (stock) in the Sephiroth a while back using the same method mentioned above.
    Hi, thanks, i think for the moment leave this mod like that, i receive this HS for free, here, were i live is not easy find something like that, the cuter job take me around 2 months in find the right place to do it, and charge me a lot...

The light throw what i have now is very well, better than before.
    I dont know how you fit 3 booster, one push botton and one pot, you I try to put a dual pot for the 2 Fatman and i dont find a secure and safe way.

For the moment i am very happy with this new Magmod, but... If a the opportunity to buy one from you be great... You are the best, i am looking all your jobs for long time ago... Thanks for be there for help us...
    Last edited by Changchung; 10-15-2006 at 02:40 PM.