Supplier Wanted: HID and LED bike lights

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
With alle the duties and CUSTOMS we get charged here in Europe, You will not be able to fight HK or US based sites, maybe european ones (which tend to be priced too high), but then You will not earn too much.

Try to get infos on Welch Allyn and Brightstar Systems (ballast + bulb + completed flashlights), the trailtech versions (especially the black one), Lupine Systems, maybe the Light and Motion lights as there is no source here in Europe for them, .....

Good luck

most might already have UK-importers, and there are not too many flashaholics around, without getting noted somehow, it will be very hard.

Last edited:

Chasman

Newly Enlightened
I'm up against some pretty big vested interests. I applied to Zyro who have the UK Cateye and Lupine franchises but they keep turning me down.

The first time they admitted (after some pressure) it was because I traded from home so I opened an office. They've turned me down again and won't even tell me why this time...

My guess is they are supplying big chains with huge overheads and they know I can easily undercut them so they'll make up any excuse to refuse me supply under the guise of "protecting" the brand owners. :dedhorse:

I also find European companies and distributors are really hard on enforcing recommended retail pricing - where US suppliers tend to take the attitude that they've made their mark-up selling to me and what I sell them on for is my business.

It's very annoying and means the customer ultimately gets a worse deal because there are fewer people competing to drive down the price.

I was hoping to find a player like SK but in the bike light sector - HID in particular as prices are ridiculous...

I'll check out the other suggestions but my guess is I'll get the same BS...