NiteFighter

Thread: Brightstar 24W HID

Hybrid View

Hahaha Brightstar 24W HID

i just received my 24W HID Flashlight from www.hidxtra.com today. dame! nice lights!!!

I cant believe it is only $255.00 free shipping and free aluminum case.

I didnt believe it at the first, so I bought it just to see if it is true or its a mistake, and after 4 days, my lights arrived.

dunno how long this sale will last..... what a deal!!

Default Re: Brightstar 24W HID

The Brightstar is a nice light but did not win as the best 24w HID light. The AE PL24 won: http://home.earthlink.net/%7ekenshiro2/
    Primary duty lights: (metal) Elektrolumens Pentalux 4C; (polymer) Pelican M8 LED; (hybrid) StreamLight 3C-XP
    Searchlight: AE PowerLight PL14
    Back-up mini lights: Nuwai TM301X-5, X-3, X-1
    Special LED signaling lights: Torfino ICE light, Inova 24/7, Adventurelights VIP

NYPD flag, adopted in 1919

Just wanted to say Welcome to CPF!

—Enjoy!
    LUX'Ottica

Party Re: Brightstar 24W HID

tks CHC.. people are nice here...

Quote Originally Posted by CHC
    Just wanted to say Welcome to CPF!

—Enjoy!

well.. the 24W brightstar HID light looks pretty good to me.. hope it is reliable as it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by john2551
    The Brightstar is a nice light but did not win as the best 24w HID light. The AE PL24 won: http://home.earthlink.net/%7ekenshiro2/

Thumbs down Re: Brightstar 24W HID

I don't know how anyone would purchase something from HidExtra after they use this statement

"Test reports show that Sony's battery does not explode when it is exposed to high temperature and heavy impact. However, Lithium-ion battery made in China, Taiwan and Korea tends to explode in the same testing environments."

Pure BS

Mac
    www.macscustoms.com
    *Note* Shipping Insurance must be requested.

Flashaholic

kevinccho, representative of Hidxtra, did post last summer. Based on his "nice" posts, I will never deal with that company!
    Considering this was the first post of lighting1288, I would not be surprised if he worked for that company.

Well, maybe I'm being presumptuous, but the post does have a 'sales pitch' kind of slur to it in some sense

Quote Originally Posted by MSI
    kevinccho, representative of Hidxtra, did post last summer. Based on his "nice" posts, I will never deal with that company!
    Considering this was the first post of lighting1288, I would not be surprised if he worked for that company.
    I agree 100%, i hope Empath sees this thread soon & takes swift decisive action to end this charade!
    Last edited by john2551; 03-08-2006 at 04:23 AM.
    Primary duty lights: (metal) Elektrolumens Pentalux 4C; (polymer) Pelican M8 LED; (hybrid) StreamLight 3C-XP
    Special LED signaling lights: Torfino ICE light, Inova 24/7, Adventurelights VIP

Sigh Re: Brightstar 24W HID

why would you say something like that, i am just expressing my experiance with the light i just purchased. do you have any problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by cmacclel
    I don't know how anyone would purchase something from HidExtra after they use this statement

"Test reports show that Sony's battery does not explode when it is exposed to high temperature and heavy impact. However, Lithium-ion battery made in China, Taiwan and Korea tends to explode in the same testing environments."

Pure BS

Mac

That Brightstar is a good deal!
    Ask me about custom kydex.

The thing about the BrightStar HID along with the AE 24W HID that I don't like is that they seem to be old technology. Now days we can get a Microfire K2000R or a Boxer 24W HID for a more or less of the same brightness. Runtime will be shorter but the lenght of my AE make me wish a new ballast/bulb will come out soon to compensate for the huge size of these lights.

@ woodrow:

Full agree with your comments.
    If a member like lightning1288 is convinced with his flashlight and it is working well for his needs, why other members have to give such rude comments?
    Everything else than the AE is bullshit.......
    That´s the same behavior like kids playing in the sand box: My shovel is larger than yours.
    Mercedes is better than GM
    Porsche better than Audi........

If lightning likes his Flashlight everything is ok and no one has any argument to convince him like the Inquisation.

By the way, I ilke my Microfire HID and on one has to argue that I have to buy a Polarion because it is much better.........
    Greetings from Tenerife, Canary Islands

Michael

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by kingoftf

Mercedes is better than GM

What? Could this be true??

Next thing we know, someone will be saying that Rolex is better than Timex...

Micheal,

You are a new CPF member. You were not here a few years ago when we had a problem with the "brightstar guy". He used several names here & on eBay (he got banned from ebay too several times & continued to use new ebay names but ran the same ad so we knew it was the same guy). There is nothing WRONG with the Brightstar! The problem we had was with this idiot who thought we were idiots but veteran CPF members saw right through his charade.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

John to reply to this thread is useless. People only choose to read parts of it and then make uneducated reply's.

We have explained and tried to inform these new members about Kevin's business practices and apparently they missed these posts.

New MEMBERS a little advice.........read an entire thread before making assumptions.

Mac
    www.macscustoms.com

Naughty Re: Brightstar 24W HID

Well, I remember this thread from awhile back. It helped me decide to buy the AE light over the Brightstar so I'm glad that the debate took place.

I´ve read the whole thread and the postings of Kevin as well (what else should I do here while working in the office )

The only thing I wanted to say is that I not like some arguments from other users to the decision of "lightning" to buy a Brightstar even from this dealer. If this dealer treated him well, everything is ok for him.

Nevertheless I would not buy from this store as well due to the behavior from Kevin.
    Greetings from Tenerife, Canary Islands

Michael

Flashaholic

I bought a Brightstar from kevinccho BEFORE he started his bad behaviour. If I were NOW to choose between Brightstar and AE Powerlight, I might choose differently...
    Alex

Banned

The Brightstar is a great light and I do not know who did the test between it and the AE 24 but I oown them both. If the AE is better it is margeneally so to the point it does not, in my opinion make a difference.

Old members telling youg memebers "you were'nt around when we didn't have flashlights. Gizmo had to buy rocks that the shop always had on back order and had to pund them them together to make sparks. That's how we made light back then. You young newbee's don't know nothing." I'm so so sick of hearing this trash from a bunch of has beens.

Look around you Mr. Old member. The guys who are comming up with the new exciting cutting edge stuff are not the old farts like you. They are the newbees. That's the way it is, has been and always will be. So enjoy your momment in the sun and then get the hell out of the way because your holding things up jawing about the old days and a lot of us are getting sick of hearing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 02Scuba
    The Brightstar is a great light and I do not know who did the test between it and the AE 24 but I oown them both. If the AE is better it is margeneally so to the point it does not, in my opinion make a difference.

Old members telling youg memebers "you were'nt around when we didn't have flashlights. Gizmo had to buy rocks that the shop always had on back order and had to pund them them together to make sparks. That's how we made light back then. You young newbee's don't know nothing." I'm so so sick of hearing this trash from a bunch of has beens.

Look around you Mr. Old member. The guys who are comming up with the new exciting cutting edge stuff are not the old farts like you. They are the newbees. That's the way it is, has been and always will be. So enjoy your momment in the sun and then get the hell out of the way because your holding things up jawing about the old days and a lot of us are getting sick of hearing about it.
    02Scuba where you having a bad day yesterday? I can't see how your post relates to this thread at all.

It amazes me how people interpret things differently. I took the original post as an Ad for HIDExtra who was BANNED for unethical business practices. Someone's first post is on how he spent $250 on a flashlight is not the typical new members first post. In case you missed the first post read it again.

i just received my 24W HID Flashlight from www.hidxtra.com today. dame! nice lights!!!

I cant believe it is only $255.00 free shipping and free aluminum case.

I didnt believe it at the first, so I bought it just to see if it is true or its a mistake, and after 4 days, my lights arrived.

dunno how long this sale will last..... what a deal!!
    Sounds like an add to me.

Mac
    www.macscustoms.com

I almost hate to say this on my first post, but I'm waiting for a 24W HID to come in the mail. I suppose it doesn't matter so much at this point what brand. I've never seen one up close before and only heard of HID less than a month ago. Don't yet know what I'll do with it, but I love the idea of owning a super bright flashlight.

Oh, discovered Fenix and Jetbeam around a month ago as well. All I can say is wow. I never knew lights were getting so powerful and so small. Kinda weird in a nice way...

Perhaps worth mentioning. I bought a Brightstar....

It's lamp was not focussed well at all. The lamp had off centre electrodes (poor lamp manufacture) but I don't know if a better quality lamp would have had it focussed better. I removed the potting compound and re-focussed it as best I could given the crooked electrodes. Now I could see what it was capable of and what Marc from AELight was talking about a looooong time ago about being disapointed with the feflector/lamp module.

Rather than persist with completing the BS mod by re-potting the lamp with high temp potting compound I bought an AE Light lamp module to see the difference. It was as close to perfectly centered as one could expect for a HID (have to rotate the flashlight for dead-centre super-bright hot spot from the arc itself). I was such a difference in throw and therefore overall illumination from the original OEM BS module I was wondering why I even bothered with the BS version of this light in the first place.

Perhaps Marc had the assemblies selected and tweaked for the extra $ or perhaps I got a dud BS module? Based on other reviews I'd suspect they have been selected and tweaked for quality and focus.

In hindsight, I'd recommend the AE Light. It costs more but wish I went that route. Glass filters and extra impact protection are also a bonus.

BS =

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by KenAnderson
    I almost hate to say this on my first post, but I'm waiting for a 24W HID to come in the mail. I suppose it doesn't matter so much at this point what brand. I've never seen one up close before and only heard of HID less than a month ago. Don't yet know what I'll do with it, but I love the idea of owning a super bright flashlight.

Oh, discovered Fenix and Jetbeam around a month ago as well. All I can say is wow. I never knew lights were getting so powerful and so small. Kinda weird in a nice way...
    Hey Ken,
    Welcome to CPF
    I'm going to be at the Portland Gun and Knife show this weekend. If you want to check out some lights, I’ll have a bunch.
    Wolf Eyes Boxers and a Crocodile,
    AE PowerLights are on sale at so low a price I can’t advertise them.
    All the Fenix Cree models including the P2D
    Cheers,
    Mike S

Pacific Tactical Solutions Inc. CPF Discount, start here>> PTS Account
    Then PM me your last name and email so I can set your account for the discount.
    Or just place an order and add your CPF name to the comments box and we'll apply the discount.

Mike@PTSQuote:
    Originally Posted by KenAnderson

Hey Ken,
    Welcome to CPF
    I'm going to be at the Portland Gun and Knife show this weekend. If you want to check out some lights, I’ll have a bunch.

Thanks Mike,

I've purchased several lights from your website including an HID that I'm anxously waiting for and I believe I purchased a couple from you at the last Portland show. Both good experiences on my end. You probably speak to so many people there, I doubt you would remember me.

I will plan to stop by to enjoy the company and look at the new lights. It's all new to me and pretty exciting. I've been buying lights for all my friends to get them started in collecting. It's contageous

Question, will you be carrying the Boxer 24W battery holders in the future?

Ken