Brightstar 24W HID

lighting1288

Newly Enlightened
i just received my 24W HID Flashlight from www.hidxtra.com today. dame! nice lights!!!

I cant believe it is only $255.00 free shipping and free aluminum case.

I didnt believe it at the first, so I bought it just to see if it is true or its a mistake, and after 4 days, my lights arrived.

dunno how long this sale will last..... what a deal!!:wow:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know how anyone would purchase something from HidExtra after they use this statement

"Test reports show that Sony's battery does not explode when it is exposed to high temperature and heavy impact. However, Lithium-ion battery made in China, Taiwan and Korea tends to explode in the same testing environments."

Pure BS

Mac

MSI

Enlightened
kevinccho, representative of Hidxtra, did post last summer. Based on his "nice" posts, I will never deal with that company!
Considering this was the first post of lighting1288, I would not be surprised if he worked for that company.

lighting1288

Newly Enlightened
why would you say something like that, i am just expressing my experiance with the light i just purchased. do you have any problem with that?:touche:

cmacclel said:
I don't know how anyone would purchase something from HidExtra after they use this statement

"Test reports show that Sony's battery does not explode when it is exposed to high temperature and heavy impact. However, Lithium-ion battery made in China, Taiwan and Korea tends to explode in the same testing environments."

Pure BS

Mac

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, maybe I'm being presumptuous, but the post does have a 'sales pitch' kind of slur to it in some sense :D

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no issues with your post and I'm glad your happy with your light. I didn't mean anything negative towards you it's just that the owner of that company came here and tried to trash all the other MFG's of that similar light. He rubbed everyone the wrong way including myself :)

Mac

lighting1288

Newly Enlightened
Before I plan to purchase this light, I did think about AE, but the price is just too good to be true, that is why I deceide to go with brightstar. After receiving it, it did turn out pretty good, I love the aluminum case. Now, I can go camping and see everything in the dark.

cmacclel said:
I have no issues with your post and I'm glad your happy with your light. I didn't mean anything negative towards you it's just that the owner of that company came here and tried to trash all the other MFG's of that similar light. He rubbed everyone the wrong way including myself

Mac

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
lighting1288 said:
by the way, people are kinda offensive in this forum... scary... :shrug:

Some are a bit jaded :whistle: after some experiences here but if you stick around a while I think you'll be fine.

Welcome to CPF and I hope you haven't spoiled your entry to the light-side by starting with such a bright light. :D

-LT

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
lighting1288 said:
Before I plan to purchase this light, I did think about AE, but the price is just too good to be true, that is why I deceide to go with brightstar. After receiving it, it did turn out pretty good, I love the aluminum case. Now, I can go camping and see everything in the dark.

To me it's not worth saving a few $$ & be stuck with an inferior product. The AE PL24 was the CLEAR winner in the 24w shoot-out. The hidxtra page claims the Brightstar has 1750 lumens & the AE only 1300 lumens. But as we've seen the Brightstar can't compete with the AE even though the Brightstar "claims" to have almost 500 lumens more!

lighting1288

Newly Enlightened
well, from my personal opinion, the light i just got was very nice, specially the body finish ( I dont even have to mention the price and accessories). I never own a AE light before, so I dont know how good they are. I am sure they are a good light as you pointed out. But I think brightstar is also a decent manufacture for a 24W HID light. Dont think its that far off from AE.

anyway, everyone have their own opinion, I really like my Brightstar HID, maybe AE is good too, I'll try them out when I have money for another one. Right now, I am happy with my brightstar.

tks for the suggestion tho.:p

by the way, have you ever try a brightstar light? what make you say they are no good??

john2551 said:
To me it's not worth saving a few $$ & be stuck with an inferior product. The AE PL24 was the CLEAR winner in the 24w shoot-out. The hidxtra page claims the Brightstar has 1750 lumens & the AE only 1300 lumens. But as we've seen the Brightstar can't compete with the AE even though the Brightstar "claims" to have almost 500 lumens more!

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't say it was no good. I said it was inferior to the AE PL24. If you look here you will see that it was "inferior" in its level of performance at the 24w shoot-out: http://home.earthlink.net/%7ekenshiro2/

To quote:

[font=Trebuchet MS, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]The AE Powerlight 24W performed very much like the brightstar, but it was just brighter in every way.[/font][font=Trebuchet MS, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif] Judging from this, the AE Powerlight might actually be close in terms of performance to the Razorlight at 35W. [/font]

Last edited:

lighting1288

Newly Enlightened
I wouldn't use the word "inferior" to compare these two lights, especially I own one now. Both light seem very nice to me. :poke:

can you tell me how much is AE PL24? and what accessories they come with?? and where to buy??

I might want to get one for my brother, then I have a chance to compare these two lights.

tks

john2551 said:
I didn't say it was no good. I said it was inferior to the AE PL24. If you look here you will see that it was "inferior" in its level of performance at the 24w shoot-out: http://home.earthlink.net/%7ekenshiro2/

To quote:

[font=Trebuchet MS, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]The AE Powerlight 24W performed very much like the brightstar, but it was just brighter in every way.[/font][font=Trebuchet MS, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif] Judging from this, the AE Powerlight might actually be close in terms of performance to the Razorlight at 35W. [/font]

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will have to check with these Authorized Dealers for prices & too see what accessories they are including with the light:

ALD Company, Inc. - NV - 775-358-0505
Arctic Fire & Safety - Fairbanks AK - 907-452-7806
Arc Light EFX - So. Cal - 818-394-6330
Atlas Specialty Lighting - FL - 813-238-6481
Barney's of Lafayette - LA - 337-896-3667
Batteries Plus - Anchorage AK - 907-770-6110
Beck Electric Supply - No. Cal - 510-215-9499
Beyond Bulbs - FL - 813-926- 1670
Central Police Supply - TX -713-225-4392
FITS Indoor Range - LA - 985-639-3487
Flashlight Outlet - IN - 866-290-6345
GT Distributors, Inc. - GA - 706-866-2764
GT Distributors, Inc. - TX - 512-451-8298
Kirov AG Holding - Bulgaria - +35-929-3308
Larson Electronics - TX - 214-616-6180
M.M.I. Marketing Mngt., Int'l - So. CA - 714-893-8676
NAFECO - AL - 800-628-6233
Pacific MicroLite - So. Cal - 310-364-5219
Pacific Tactical Solutions - WA - 509-214-0302
Rapid Fire Equipment - FL - 407-648-1788
Soterion - Australia - 3976-49769
Streichers - MN - 800-367-3763
Visions in Color - So. Cal - 818-566-1114
Western Police Supply - MT - 406-728-8146
Young Guns - HI - 808-833-4867

Last edited:

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, if you don't like me to call the Brightstar P1 "inferior" then i'll just call the AE PL24 "SUPERIOR"!

lighting1288

Newly Enlightened
since I am new here, I should see if theres anyone else has something good to say about AE light or brightstar.

I shouldn't just take your word for it, plus, I still think brightstar is a very cool light. most definitely not "inferior"

sounded like you are in love with AE...:naughty:

john2551 said:
OK, if you don't like me to call the Brightstar P1 "inferior" then i'll just call the AE PL24 "SUPERIOR"!