The Fenix-Store
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE : so-called protected 18650 cells from All-Battery.com

Buttrock UPDATE : Now they are protected 18650 cells from All-Battery.com

"update" looks like the battery`s I got from All-Battery.com, might not be protected after all.

I have sent two e-mails to All-Battery.com, and am waiting their reply.

I have been looking for some protected 18650 cell to fit my VB-16.

and i found four for $23.79 from All-Battery.com

at the following link.

http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=461

I emailed them about the max cell diameter and they sent me the following reply.

my question is, are they 18.1mm or are they reading from the spec sheet.

and they still will be to wide to fit.

Dear customer,

The diameter is 18.1mm.

thanks,

Customer Service
    All-Battery.com

Is it possible for you to measure the diameter of your

4 Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 2200 mAh rechargeable battery with protection PCB

Li18650-2200-4

The cells must be no wider than 18.5mm at there widest point.

As is to must be to fit in my VB-16 flashlight.

Thankyou.
    Last edited by TinderBox (UK); 06-28-2006 at 03:17 PM.
    Intellicharge i4 - LaCrosse BC-900 - MaHa C9000 - Charge Manager 2010 - Vanson Speedy Box - Accumanger 10 and 20 -Thunder AC6
    Solar - GoalZero Nomad 7 + Guide10 - Powerfilm USB+AA Solar Charger

Flashaholic

Default Re: protected 18650 from All-Battery.com

Great find, but I don't think they will ship to UK.

From their shopping FAQ:
    "Q9: Can you send orders to other countries?

We ship to the United States, Canada."

The TL-200 charger looked really interesting.

I registered and added them to my cart, but they want $30.00 to ship to the UK.

do you think their dimmensions are correct.

I don`t think they can be.

just hoping someone knows for sure.

If they do fit.

if someone on CPS is going to order them for themselves , would they order me a set and i will paypal them the money.

you can post up to 4lb in weight with an GLOBAL PRIORITY MAIL: FLAT RATE ENVELOPE for $5.25.

regards

regards.
    Intellicharge i4 - LaCrosse BC-900 - MaHa C9000 - Charge Manager 2010 - Vanson Speedy Box - Accumanger 10 and 20 -Thunder AC6

Flashaholic

The protection strip adds to the width of the cell and there is also a variance at how much it adds. I'm not sure if their measument includes the protection strip since you get a different measure different places on the cell. However, 18.1mm looks right for the cell without protection, but with protection it may be over 18.5mm.
    I think you will take a chance on buying these, it will be much safer for you to buy 17670.

I have read that lower capacity protected 18650 cells might fit.

I specificaly asked them to measure the cells, 18.1mm looked to good to be true.

I had been told that protected 18650 are 18.7mm.

still a good price if you can get them to fit in your flashlight, and you live in the USA.

regards.

Quote Originally Posted by MSI
    The TL-200 charger looked really interesting.
    See my TL-200 thread. I very much like the TL-200 in concept, but I haven't got either of two samples to work.
    My lights, all AA, neutral or warm: 3 Fenix TK20s; 2 Malkoff M30WFs; 2 Shiningbeam Romisens (5A); Dereelight XP-G R5 (close enough); UK 4AA incan.

CPFer MuleSkinner bought eight of their protected 18650 cells, then sold them in this thread, where you can see photos. He sold them after learning that they might not be able to power a Carley 1499 lamp.
    My lights, all AA, neutral or warm: 3 Fenix TK20s; 2 Malkoff M30WFs; 2 Shiningbeam Romisens (5A); Dereelight XP-G R5 (close enough); UK 4AA incan.

*Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_in_Maryland
    CPFer MuleSkinner bought eight of their protected 18650 cells, then sold them in this thread, where you can see photos. He sold them after learning that they might not be able to power a Carley 1499 lamp.
    Tenergy corp apears to be legit, if their web info is correct. based out of silicon valley with mfg faciities in china. they would have to carry liability insurance on their products.

pricing seems to be better or equal to overseas. if quality is equal to 3 cells I recived from muleskinner. these cells have excellent quality build. have not ran mah tests to verify claim capacity.

this is indeed good news to find these folks. if indeed they are legit. protected 18650 cells measure 18.18 at thickest point and fits into surefire U2 with no problems.

I too am looking for protected 18650 Li-ion batteries and discovered the All-Battery.com four (4) battery special last week. After several frustrating attempts to verify the outside diameter of their 18650's via email, I picked up the phone and called them directly. What I learned is quite interesting.

Tenergy/All-Battery.com carries 18650's made by two different manufacturers - LG Electronics and their own house brand manufactured to their specifications in China. The very knowledgeable customer service representative that I spoke to informed me that Tenergy/All-Battery was currently out of their house brand protected 18650's. If you place an order on-line today, you will receive the LG protected 18650's. They measure 18.6mm in diameter - probably too big for most wide body lights.

Now for the really interesting part. According to the Tenergy Rep, their house-brand protected 18650 batteries will measure 18mm in diameter plus or minus 0.2mm actual. Based on this information, I faxed Tenergy a purchase order for six (6) All-Battery branded 18650's to test. They agreed to refund my purchase if the batteries are larger than 18.2mm. It could take up to twelve (12) weeks for All-Battery to receive their next shipment of house-brand batteries from China however.

Once I receive my Tenergy/All-Battery 18650's, I'll post my findings on CPF.
    CoffeeAchiever

SureFire 6P (P60 & P61); SureFire E1e; Innova X1 ("moonbeam" and "spillbeam"); Gerber Infiniti Ultra; Brinkman Maxfire LX (2); BOG 3W LED Drop-in; Emilion Wide Body; G&P G90, G120, G5R; DigiLight RX-9V Range Extender, DRB-9VHP; Maglite 3C, Mini Maglite AA

Visit the CPF Wiki's Rechargeable Battery Compatibility Chart to see if your flashlights or lamp assemblies will work with rechargeable batteries.

I bought two of these in the sale.

Just charged them up and they will run the ROP LE HOLA. AW's protected cells won't run eihter ROP bulb...

They have the vents on top but they may not be fully protected after all?

CY have you checked yours out yet...

*Flashaholic*

mine runs all 18650 led lights including U2 perfectly. sorry don't have a incand 18650 to test with

I don't think those LG cells are protected, there is not mention of any protection on this page, and that are the same cells as MuleSkinner was selling.

Sigbjoern

I was under the impression that the LGs were the protected brand sold by e-lectronics (CPF's Mark) here. I read somewhere that they're rated for 1.5C. But I don't see LG in his photo on that page.

I can use them either way but from the sales thread felt as though they were fully protected for overcharge and overdishcharge. Wonder if buyers should at least be notified they may not be fully protected...

*Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Lurveleven
    I don't think those LG cells are protected, there is not mention of any protection on this page, and that are the same cells as MuleSkinner was selling.

Sigbjoern
    opsss thought these were protected????

Flashaholic

I was under the impression that the LGs were the protected brand sold by e-lectronics (CPF's Mark) here. I read somewhere that they're rated for 1.5C. But I don't see LG in his photo on that page.
    LG cells are cells made by LG Chemical, as far as I know you will not find LG cells with PCB protection.

LG cells are ONLY thermal protected,
    no over/under discharge protection.

dont protected cells have a button on top, the cells in the picture on my link dont.

anyone know.

regards.

I have some Pila batts, which are protected, and they don't have a button top like alkies or NiMH's.

Web site claims full Protection

$23.79 for four batteries with full protection

Mine Power up ROPLE HOLA

Specs say:here

FEATURES AND BENEFITS
    - Lithium Ion 18650 cylindrical rechargeable batteries
    - 3.7V 2200mAh high capacity
    - Higher energy density and lower weight than other types rechargeable batteries
    - Manufactured under ISO9001-2000 to assure quality
    - Internal PCB protects against under and over charging- low voltage 2.8, high voltage 4.2.

Thanks. The 1.5C discharge rate is not quite up to Pila/Wolf Eyes/Microfire's 2C threshold, but it makes these cells more suitable than AW's 1.3C for hotwires. I can't wait for someone to confirm that they can power a Surefire P91 with a single click. If so, their low price would offset the cost of TranquillityBase's 2x18650 body.

I assume that these specs describe the vendor's home brand, and that LG cells are no longer being substituted.

The button at the + end is generously high. Perhaps the LT-200 charger requires a button this high to make good contact.

I'm confused about the cutoff voltage for overdischarge. Is it 2.8V or 3V?

Correction

Mine are the pink ones in this thread. They do not appear to be protected therefore the reason for powering the ROPLE HOLA.

I ordered some of the blue protected and will try them and report back...

Quote Originally Posted by Lips
    I ordered some of the blue protected and will try them and report back...
    Thanks Lips.
    It would still be a great safety improvement even if the blue cells only worked with the low output 11 watt Pelican bulb.

Don't forget they have 6% coupon code "tenergybattery"

enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by greyfox
    Don't forget they have 6% coupon code "tenergybattery"

enjoy

Doh!! Now you tell me. Got my order in a couple of hours ago.

I just found this company also carry Rchargeable CR123A 900mah, the highest capacity for RCR123Aso far in my knowledge. anybody tried?

The $14.95 TL-200 fast charger was designed for the All-Battery 18650 cells. If anyone wants one, I'll sell mine for $15 shipped (US or Canada). The LEDs indicate that it's working, but I can't get it to charge my Wolf Eyes or AW protected cells; evidently it works only with All-Battery's 1x650 cells, whose positive end has an extra-tall button. In other respects, it's very much like the Wolf Eyes / Pila fast charger, with indepedent charging channels, each with its own LED at the + end.

The charger is unique in that it has a pair of flip-up, spring-loaded metal contacts that shorten the chamber to charge 18500 and 17500 cells. However, with a 1.5-amp charging rate, I'd be wary of charging cells of this length in this charger.
    Last edited by Paul_in_Maryland; 03-10-2006 at 03:39 PM.

I tried to place an order but they are out of stock. I called them and was told there is 4000 pieces coming in next week.

when i first asked for a quote for post and packing for 4x 18650 2200 cells to be shipped to the UK.

their online system wanted $30.00.

so i sent them an e-mail to see if i could get the postage cheaper, they said it would be $18.50.

so i asked them again if they could send it in a USPS airmail envelope for $5.25, they said they would have to check with the post office.

then i got an e-mail back from them saying i could have x 18650 2200 cells to be shipped to the UK for only $6.25.

that`s quite a saving.

if you dont ask you don`t get.

regards.

nice one tinderbox... so you got 4 x protected 18650's for less than $30 then? bargin if you ask me. I'll have to send 'em an e-mail aswell.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast