PK Laser Etching on SureFire Flashlights

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi All,

As I am share as many of you know, and some of you are fortunate enough to own, there are SureFire Bezels with Paul Kim's initials PK laser engraved/etched on the Bezel.

I am aware that these are not a commercially available item. Having said that I was wondering if someone might be able to offer any insight as to how they were able to obtain one.

In addition might there ever be an option for a regular user such as myself to obtain one, perhaps via an Auction? Ideally I think it would be great to have a PK Bezel on the upcoming K2 Kroma.

Thanks for your time,
John

Size15's

Flashaholic
PK appears to put his logo on flashlights/products that mean something to him. They could be his gift(s) to be people or organisations. They could be special orders or designs. They could be pre-production samples or proto-types etc.

Bottomline is that only a few PK logo flashlights are ever "sold" (for example the L6 Porcupine). In fact the Porcupines (some of them anyway) are the only way you are likely able to officially purchase a PK logo flashlight.

They are extremely rare. For my part I would not consider selling any of the ones that I have. I would consider that an insult to PK because he gave them to me.

Al

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
What Al said! Everyone who attended the 2005 SHOT Show CPF party was given a monogrammed, black G2! At SHOT 2006, I won an L6 Porcupine. (Don said the "PK" stood for "Pork Killer." :D ) PK-monogrammed lights are special!!!!

Larry

Size15's

Flashaholic
PK the Pork Killer...

I believe he used this to kill the pig...
DSCN9569.JPG

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
You think feeding 123s to an M6 or Beast is expensive, try feeding 7.62 NATO to that thing!!!! :D (GE- We bring good things to life! :D )

Larry

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Al,

Thanks for the quick response, it is much appreciated.

And I know that if I owned a PK Bezel such as you do, I would absolutely not be putting it up for sale. So I completely agree with you.

Perhaps one day I can get a PK K2 Kroma Bezel, but if not it will not take away from my enjoyment of the great Light PK designs.

All My Best,
John

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an E1E with PK's logo; I bought it on CPF B/S/T apparently from someone that won it in a CPF raffle that PK, donated lights.

Did not realize, till received, that I was getting a "marked" light; I then looked up the history, of which now, cannot locate.

Perhaps I can take pictures, later this week and post.

I don't per se, "collect" Surefires; I have Winelight and Black, E1E's, as well. Also, L4, A2 and M6, that I use. (and several others).

I perhaps would contemplate a trade or sale as I seem to acquire more "custom" lights and am not really emotionally attatched, but do appreciate the uniqueness:). (Please do not use this thread to make offers.........."contemplate" is the operative word.....Thanks)

jeffb

Kiessling

Flashaholic
What Al said ... those signed lights are excessively special, and I guess that is why they usually won't show up anywhere to purchase ... except the L6-P.
bernie

Size15's

Flashaholic
The L2 Porcupine (Stainless Steel version) has PK's logo on the bezel I believe.
The don't think the U2 or A2 Porcupines have PK's logo on them though...

I believe there were eight purple A2's made (and I'm guessing sold since I purchased one from the SureFire Dealer)

mdocod

Flashaholic
HEY LOOK... a picture of Paul next to a huge gun- one of us better bust out photoshop and load that gun up with some more LIGHTS!!! (The new Surefire HID gun-mount comes to mind).

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi Jeff,

That is very interesting that you own a PK E1e and I'd love to see some pics of it.

Having said that, ideally I'd love a PK K2 Kroma, if such a Light might ever be made.

I'll mention your Light to a a friend of mine as there might be a chance he like to own it.

All My Best,
John

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size15's said:
The L2 Porcupine (Stainless Steel version) has PK's logo on the bezel I believe.
The don't think the U2 or A2 Porcupines have PK's logo on them though...
Hey Al. :wave: My L-2 Pocupine does not have the PK logo on the bezel. Only the L-6 has it, as noted.

I owe ya some pics of those, don't I? :thinking:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
mdocod...every once in awhile we run across a classic pic - you sir have added to that list with those in your sig indeed!

For a person to take the time to bungy cord all those lights together and then take a variety of pics - including beamshots...amazing & entertaining indeed! Thanks for the smile!

jtice is in there as well with his vest pic for sure!!

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
You need a pretty good bit of kit to laser HA.

You can fake and forge almost anything but what makes a SureFire with PK's logo on it special is the personal connection to PK. Without that it's just another SureFire.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed the connection makes it extra special...

I can hope one day to have that connection (ideal) or even to find one on ebay. As a collector it would be my own type of indirect connection knowing the significance of it and knowing it is not just another Surefire light.