Old Inova X1 at Fry´s

floscherl

Newly Enlightened
The old style (with optic, the new one got a reflector) Inova X1 needs a new home ;)

Fry's has a clearance sale, $4.90/light :D

CPF member Canuke bought the whole stock of two Fry stores IIRC ;)

Is there any other CPF member that could buy two or three lights for me?

I would cover all costs :)

Thanks!

I hope this is the right place to post this ;)

changsn

Newly Enlightened
Be happy to help. I was at the Palo Alto store and saw both silver and black X1's. Which ones do you want? Send me a PM with you address and I'll reply with my PP. I'm assuming I'll just ship the light & lanyard/holster - no pkg.

Sam

Canuke

Enlightened
cool :cool: thanks Sam for helping floscherl out. I ended up committing all of mine to various uses before he contacted me. I didn't expect to do that so fast when I picked them up, I figured on having a few spares for sure.

changsn

Newly Enlightened
Hate to rain on people's parade, but I went to Fry's today to check out their stock. The white LED X1's are marked at 19.99. The blue LED X1's are available at $4.90 and they had 2 black and 2 silver bodies left. If there is interest, I would consider heading over to the Sunnyvale Fry's to see what they have, but I believe their white LED X1's would also be marked at 19.99 - I could be wrong...If you are interested, pls be specific as to what you want. That way, if I can't get exactly what you're looking for, you don't get it and I don't get left holding the ....

Sam

ackbar

Enlightened
I don't care about the colour of the LED. I'm am going to swap it out with a NichaCS anyway.

Would someone like to help this frozen Canadian?

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I'll head back up to Fry's this afternoon and see what they have.

When I got my red X5, they had three or four entire hangers full of blue LED lights both in titanium and in black.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anybody is going to Fry's, and if they are ~$5, I would take 1 blue and 3 green, either finish.

Thanks,
Danny

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're correct. I was at the San Jose Fry's last night and they only had one package that was marked as a White X1, and it was priced at 19.99. Unfortunately, upon closer examination, it appeared that someone had already swapped out (stolen) the contents of that package and substituted a blue version in that package. So if you're looking at white ones, be sure that you check the light to insure that it is indeed white.

EDIT: Sorry, my confusion, the above should have been 1 white X5 package that was marked at $29.99, where someone had stolen the white one and replaced the light in the package with a blue one. There were about 3 White X1s (no other colors) marked at 19.99, scattered around at the endcaps and the flashlight section.

changsn said:
I would consider heading over to the Sunnyvale Fry's to see what they have, but I believe their white LED X1's would also be marked at 19.99 - I could be wrong...

Last edited:

cmendoza

Enlightened
Could someone get me 2 black X1's with blue (or any color!) leds at the ~$5 price! Please! I'll gladly pay shipping!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll probably have better luck if you offer pay for their gas, taxes, packing materials, and perhaps a stipend for their time in addition. Though it's mighty nice of you to offer to pay for the shipping.

cmendoza said:
Could someone get me 2 black X1's with blue (or any color!) leds at the ~$5 price! Please! I'll gladly pay shipping!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
You'll probably have better luck if you offer pay for their gas, taxes, packing materials, and perhaps a stipend for their time in addition. Though it's mighty nice of you to offer to pay for the shipping.

Luck has nothing to do with it. cmendoza's a good guy and I'll pick him a couple X1s if they still have any at my local Fry's.

floscherl

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I worked the whole day and 12 posts later I can say:

changsn, I send a PM ;)

Thanks to all that help people to get the $5.00 blue LED X1 :)

Last edited:

changsn

Newly Enlightened
Ok, here's the lucky lotto winners. There were only a total of 8 X1's (4 black, 4 silver) at the two Fry's stores. So the breakdown of who gets what:

Floscherl - 2 black, 1 silver

Luigi - 1 black

DEEAR - 1 silver

Greenlight - 1 black, 2 silver

If you aren't listed above, my apologies but these guys were first to PM me and as you all realize, it's limited quantities. Maybe Cratz2 or Brighteyez can help the others. Floscherl & Greenlight - I didn't give you everything you asked for to allow the other guys to participate.
Have fun and I'll PM you with specifics as I'll try to ship by Friday.
Sam

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
We may be hitting the same stores, and if you've already cleaned them out, there's not much I'm going to be able to do. Which stores did you clean out? The San Jose (Brokaw) store only had white X1s ($19.99) the other night when I was there.

changsn said:
Maybe Cratz2 or Brighteyez can help the others.

changsn

Newly Enlightened
Brighteyez - I took out the Palo Alto and Sunnyvale stores. Brokaw musta been hit by someone else. There is one in Fremont, but I hate the bridge...
Sam