Flashlight with a big reflector (min. 40cm d) and parallel beam (parabolic reflector)

Tobias Claren

Newly Enlightened
Hello.

Is there a flashlight with a reflector diameter of 40 cm? If not, only bigger than smaller. The light must emit parallel.
The reflector must be heat celebration (for a Arc lamp). So no plastic.

Alternative every reflector (at least 40 cm) with an inner focus which parallel emits.

Thanks,
Tobias Claren

mdocod

Flashaholic
the only thing I know that is even close to that size, is the reflector in the "15 million candle power" thor type spotlights- they are about 24cm in diameter, pretty tight focus- but I don't think any point within the reflector will produce a perfectly focused beam. (it spreads out several feet wide after a hundred feet or so)...

The link was intended to be a joke: It links to a thread where we have been discussing how newcomers to CPF are very interested in the throw capabilities of flashlights, whereas once the thrill of tight powerfull throwing beams wears off, many of us find more use in lights that have a wider focus.

if someone hasn't said so already: WELCOME!!

I hope my "joke" wasn't taken in the wrong way. ..

So.. let me understand this correctly- you are trying to setup an arc light perfectly focused in a HUGE perfectly parabolic reflector, to produce a powerfull beam that is focused at 0 degrees and maintains 40cm in width forever? Sounds like a heck of an endeavor to me...

something just came to mind:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/92396
the tank light discussed there is 16 inches accross in the front, (which translates to very close to 40cm)

Tobias Claren

Newly Enlightened
I had not understood this.
I would have nothing at flashlights against a far focus. I want to use this reflector for a video projector. I want a 15.4 inches TFT screen by radiate. I need a beam as parallel as possible there.

Ah yes, the tank light! I have seen this here before. Brilliant! Lovely parallel.

But what is with the bleak spot in the middle? Do I get a "bagle/donut-light"?
I want to put the screen directly in front of it. If it helps, also something further. The projector then gets a little longer.

Where do I get such a reflector? But it will not work without the thing in the middle. Or?
I would like use another "High Intensity Discharge Lamp". E.g. a Ushio 400 watts metal halide lamp (long arc).
She should be economic.
The Ushio costs approx. 40 dollars. She have 5200 Kelvin, 20k lumen (250 watts) or 33k lumen (400 watts), 10k to 15k (250 watts) or 15k to 20k (400 W) life hours, CRI 85. Unfortunately one spark longer of 24 mm (250 W) or 27 mm (400 watts). Or a UHP.

It probably would be all right for 16 inches. The display has a diagonal of 15.4 inches.

mdocod

Flashaholic
sounds like you are going to need to look into optics to create this perfect beam you seek- the projectors that I know about all use optics to control the light all in a specified beam- they can produce very even lighting from a tight source. Wouldn't you want to use a smaller lensed unit- with the TFT placed some distance from it, (beam that gets larger as it distance increases) to increase the size of the projection on the screen?... any type of reflector is generally going to have some sidespill that will light up the room with ambiant light- which would not be appropriot for your setup.