Surefire Minibeast

jonman007

Newly Enlightened
I know it's still a concept but does anyone have any info about it. Like how many lumens will it put out and for how long? And an approximate price (if released)? Seems like a truly awesome light! If it is released, i'm hoping it won't be well outside my budget... but I have a horrible feeling it will be.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Well ... for me this is the one light I want the most for now. And *if* it will be released for us mere civilians ... the price will be something not so funny I guess.
BUT ... as I said ... it is the one light for 2006.

IIRC it is a Li-Ion driven 35W HID that can be overdriven to 50W in a very very small light. Additional 5mm LEDs provide a low-beam, which is excessively cool, actually morphing this light into a general purpose light, as the runtimes for the HID won't be too long I guess.

bernie

jtice

Flashaholic
Im with Kiessling,

the MiniBeeast is THE light I really really want,
but I know that it will be way out of my price range anyway. :(

I have been wanting something about that size, and instant strike.

~John

CLHC

Flashaholic
Exactly what has been mentioned above. I'm sure that it'll be way above and beyond my pay grade! :huh:

—Enjoy!

jonman007

Newly Enlightened
I see i'm not the only one who 'needs' this light :) Yeah if I could only have one light this year it would be this one. I think the combination of leds and being rechargable make the minibeast really versatile and just sooo awesome. Would definately justify selling my m6. Do you think we are talking many thousands$$$ i.e i'll never be able to afford it? I just don't wanna get my hopes up...

Vee3

Enlightened
Maybe they'll come out with a Nitrolon version for $97. I think they might sell a lot of those...

maxilux

Enlightened
20x CR123 !!!!!!, Hey you print Money youself??

It looks very well, but it is not for normal use, i think.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been nearly 10 months. Does anybody have any updates or insider info on
the Mini-Beast?

We are still waiting on our two Beast II's to be released/delivered.

Happy Holidays.

NAW

Enlightened

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
NAW -Thanks for the lead. Going to drop Steven a PM to see if he has any
more info/updates.
NAW said:
Steven (TacticalSupply) said on a thread over on flashlight forums that the base pay of the Mini Beast was going to be $4160... this was back in September though.