Is anyone going to the Dream Theater concert?

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
:rock: Any reviews? :rock:

Anything new?

Let's hear it... I want to be informed if I go.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Is anyone going to the Dream Theatre concert?

OH YES! I went from Houston to Phoenix Monday the 6th of March...BADASS! Just to see them...I am very much a fan of Dream Theater...very much.

Opens with The Root of All Evil and goes from there on a fabulous journey :D. They will likely play Sacrificed Sons which is incredible live. Then Octavarium is fantastic as well. If I had the money, I would go to a few more shows as well. You will enjoy it I know. Rock on Dream Theater with 20 more Years!!

-Cameron

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

Last I heard, the Salt Lake show was cancelled...

I saw 'em in S.F. on Saturday. Good show, though I'm not a huge fan of the last few CD's.

--dan

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I went to the concert on Saturday night. Bad-dream theatre is more like it. They play some good rock riffs, and have some awesome musical interplay, but the act is in the vein of Queensryche. Sucky songs. Sucky lyrics. Sucky vocals. What a relief that the singer actually takes a break and lets the band play, but then he returns and it's time to take another break. I'm going to stick with my Yes and Weather Report albums.

The light show was bright and colorful... a little too bright, where you had to look away from the stage to protect your vision. That sucks.

If they could only get a singer who spits blood (like King Diamond) I think I'd like them better.

The fans were going crazy for Dream Theater. People were getting ready to fight because someone else stood up and blocked their view. There were lots of mullets and NASCAR jackets out, especially for SF. The show was sold out and there was a huge line of people waiting to get in. Waiting in the rain. Some people really love this stuff.

I didn't see Dano there flashing around his flashlight... Thanks for fixing the title of the post. I didn't know mods did that... So often I see misspelled posts, but fixing that could take forever. The personal attention is appreciated.

I had my new blue X1 out. It worked great. The spot is clearly visible on the ceiling, which is at least 60' away. Inova's claim held up.

Last edited:

iced_theater

Enlightened

That sucks they cancelled their concert. At least they called me before I had left. Not that it makes a huge difference though, my girlfriend and I are just gonna go down and have some fun.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have to disagree that their past few CDs being crap. Octavarium was incredible. Train of Thought was much darker, but still very cool. They still put so much meaning in their songs its crazy. Check out this page that breaks it all down. Probably wont change your mind about the album and I respect that, but still makes you think more about the song if you werent aware of all these background meanings.
http://dt.spatang.com/octavarium.php
Octavarium the song, wow, has so much other meaning to it. Never Enough is more controversial than some think as people think its the band being unhappy selective audience members. Dream Theater is a progressive rock band, therefore they change their sound as they make new albums. If you dont like what you hear now, I would suspect they will eventually change to something you do appreciate more. I personally see them as more than a rock band. They put more work into their songs and all are more musically talented than your average band today. I think it all equals some good stuff.

-Cam