Cyclops Xenon clearance at Sam's Club $11.81

garageguy

Newly Enlightened
I was in Sam's Club the other day and I noticed that the Cyclops Xenon 2 pack is on clearance for $11.81. I know that these are not the best lights, the stock bulb anyways, but at less than $6 a piece it's a good deal. I picked up another pack for future modding. Just wanted to give fellow CPF's a heads up on this deal.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know what stores still have these in stock? I love my cyclops and use it everyday with the drop ins I got for it.

garageguy

Newly Enlightened
You can go to the Sam's Club website and select the club location that you want to shop at and check to see if they have them in stock. I got a list of all the clubs in my area and checked each one to see who had the Cyclops in stock and the clearance price.

garageguy

Newly Enlightened
I don't know that all the clubs will have them on clearance. Try searching item #992938 for the clubs in your area.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are tons of 'em at the local Sam's here for $11.81. I just may have to get some. I'm not really a incan guy, but for the price, this seems like a pretty good deal.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the batteries that come with the lights are any good. If they are, then I just may get some for that reason alone.

How do these Cyclops compare to the Brinkmann Maxfire? I like the Maxfire for the price- the only thing I have it for is a tactical light for if someone breaks in in the middle of the night, and I need to light them up while pointing my gun at them. It seems super bright to me, but it's the brightest incan I own.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
get a pair and try them out. Let us know how they compare to the maxfire. I think they are the best bang for the buck aluminum incan flashlight on the market now.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought and then resold 4 of them when we found out that P60 lamps woulnd't work in them. My idea was to use the BOG Lux III module in it but when that didn't work out, I just got a Vital Gear light.

I guess the UK lamps work... which means the eLED module would work... I'd like to build one of those as a long running Lux light.

They are quite a bit smaller than the Maxfire... definately in the Surefire E2e size range. I was reasonably impressed with them, though I only used them for about a minute each.

If anyone gets a pack and doesn't like them, I'll trade an as new Maxfire for one of the Cyclops... I probably have a G&P lamp I could throw in for the other Cyclops if you really don't like them.

frisco

Enlightened
I love the Sam's Club Cyclops! Great beater lights! A very nice person here on CPF bought me 16 of them at his local Sam's Club. I use the Surefire P60 lamps in them. One of them I used a P90 lamp with rCR123's....... Bright!

To use a P60/90 lamp you must take about an 1/8 of an inch off the diameter of the reflector. I used a table top belt sander.... Others have used a Dremel tool and a lathe would be best. Once you get the lamp to fit.... Just take the big spring off.... Put back together and Shazzam! You have an Aluminum, tail switch flashlight with the Surefire beam quality. The other great thing about the Cyclops.... It is very small.... Think a tad bigger than a E2E. One thing I discovered is that it is better to load the batteries in backwards.... The springs seat the batteries allot better.
When I travel now, I carry a Fenix L2P with the nekomane CR2 battery tube and a Cyclops/P60 in my carry on. Although it's a bad day when you loose any flashlight.... I'd rather loose a Cyclops than a Surefire!

frisco

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pics! We want pics!

frisco said:
I love the Sam's Club Cyclops! Great beater lights! A very nice person here on CPF bought me 16 of them at his local Sam's Club. I use the Surefire P60 lamps in them. One of them I used a P90 lamp with rCR123's....... Bright!

To use a P60/90 lamp you must take about an 1/8 of an inch off the diameter of the reflector. I used a table top belt sander.... Others have used a Dremel tool and a lathe would be best. Once you get the lamp to fit.... Just take the big spring off.... Put back together and Shazzam! You have an Aluminum, tail switch flashlight with the Surefire beam quality. The other great thing about the Cyclops.... It is very small.... Think a tad bigger than a E2E. One thing I discovered is that it is better to load the batteries in backwards.... The springs seat the batteries allot better.
When I travel now, I carry a Fenix L2P with the nekomane CR2 battery tube and a Cyclops/P60 in my carry on. Although it's a bad day when you loose any flashlight.... I'd rather loose a Cyclops than a Surefire!

frisco

AshA4

Banned
My local Sam's Club just started carrying the new Element's. They do not have the Cyclops anymore but did have a few of the older Element's marked down to $15ish.

I didn't notice a dramatic change in the new Element's and I know there was a thread on them not that long ago. What was the conclusion on the newer models?

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
carbine15 said:
get a pair and try them out. Let us know how they compare to the maxfire. I think they are the best bang for the buck aluminum incan flashlight on the market now.

Got a pair tonight. Well, I'm not all that impressed with them. Not bad for the money, but not nearly as bright as my bone stock Maxfire. Beam is not nearly as nice as the Maxfire either. The Cyclops beam is more of a flood than a tight spot like the Maxfire and it has some goofy artifacts as well. Not nearly as much throw either.

I may just throw them in my vehicles because of the lithium batteries and the extreme range of temps here, plus the fact they don't take up much room.

FredM

Enlightened
Does anyone have the number for the old Elements? If they are selling for 15 bucks I want a pair for sure. I search the site but only get the new style.